First Name
Melinda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you adjust the aim of the headlights after installing the level kit and 35" tires? Maybe the reason your low beams don't light much of the road is because the majority of the light is shooting above the horizon?

The IIHS only gave the Bronco's headlights a rating of "marginal" in their testing, so even if they are aimed properly it sounds like they have poor performance. You could probably make some improvements to your visibility in the rain by improving the fog lights. I'm sure this is down to personal preference, but I've found that switching to a yellow bulb for the fog lights makes them a lot more effective at cutting through the interference of splashing rain, snow, and fog.

I will try the adjustment first and if that doesn't work it looks like I will be upgrading the lights. Thanks all :)
Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My vote goes to the headlights not being properly adjusted from the factory
Spend the time to aim them per above instructions or find a place to get the aimed using an optical aimer (volkswagon dealers usually have these).

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd agree with the marginal rating they recieved from testing.

I have the sig lighting. I wouldnt call them terrible, but yeah they're marginal. I have the mod bumper so I can't comment on the fogs.

The area they light up is very bright but they don't reach far.

I really thought they would be somewhat better and it's a bit of a disappointment being that its 2022 and why would any headlight only get a marginal rating?
The rating doesn't really have anything to do with the Bronco's l.e.d. bulb brightness. As I understand it, the IIHS doesn't like any head lights that are not fully adaptive. Adaptive head lights move when you go around a curve to help keep the beam focused on the road ahead of you. Since the Bronco only has auto dimming head lights, the IIHS rated them as marginal.

UhOh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the Northwest and have the signature lights. I am not impressed with brightness. High beams are great, normal are not very good. Don't get your hopes up with those either.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd agree with the marginal rating they recieved from testing.

I have the sig lighting. I wouldnt call them terrible, but yeah they're marginal. I have the mod bumper so I can't comment on the fogs.

The area they light up is very bright but they don't reach far.

I really thought they would be somewhat better and it's a bit of a disappointment being that its 2022 and why would any headlight only get a marginal rating?
The rating doesn't really have anything to do with the Bronco's l.e.d. bulb brightness. As I understand it, the IIHS doesn't like any head lights that are not fully adaptive. Adaptive head lights move when you go around a curve to help keep the beam focused on the road ahead of you. Since the Bronco only has auto dimming head lights, the IIHS rated them as marginal.
This was the answer I was going to give - the marginal rating happens to any headlight, regardless of how good it is, if it doesn’t have the adaptive technology. Anymore, about the only vehicles that get a “good” rating on headlights are in luxury automobiles with curve adapting headlights.
Sponsored