Sponsored

Bronco Raptor dead battery after update and 4x4 control module is being replaced

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Around 10 days ago, I received a notice on my 2022 bronco while driving that an update was ready to be installed. In a year of ownership , I had not seen this update promoting.
Upon parking the vehicle in my garage that day I prompted my vehicle to do update , it said it was successful.
Last night 12/12/2023, I received a ford pass message that vehicle was going into sleep
Your 2023 B-RAPTOR equipped with FordPass (TM) Connect has entered: see below :

Deep Sleep mode to conserve battery energy. Remote features including start/ stop and lock/unlock may be temporarily unavailable because your battery charge level is low.

I didnā€™t see the notice until this morning after discovering a dead battery and getting a jump from AAA.
I drove the vehicle to dealership and they replaced battery and they also ordered 4x4 control moduleā€¦said it was bad.
My raptor is a daily driver with 9k miles so about 1000 a month so battery should be getting a good charge time.

my question to the forum is would a dead battery cause a 4x4 module to fail/break?
Before the dead battery , no issues other than a random hood open warning that occurred for about 2 weeks and then went away about 6 months ago.
Iā€™m waiting on parts now
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor dead battery after update and 4x4 control module is being replaced IMG_7613
Sponsored

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got a ā€˜22 Braptor. Daily driver 13,000. I went to run the update and it would not initiate due to low battery.

hooked up to trickle charger and was completed within minutes.

I believe all the electronics and gizmos on these newer vehicles cause the batteries to drain faster.

As the old saying goes, they donā€™t make them like they used to.