First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got my Bronco 4 door Outer Banks last weekend with the soft top. I know many issues with the soft top wear but I have a misalignment issue of the side panel bottom guide channel to the body, both left and right side panels, although left is worse. Seems like the channel sits higher than it should causing the mismatch, adding tension to the fabric and causing the horizontal ripple in the window. Not mention looking bad.

Has anyone seen the same? If so any solutions? I'm thinking of ways to lower the bottom channel but haven't been able to dig in just yet.

My dealer says they see it with nearly all the soft tops right now, although they've only sold 6 so not a big sample size they are working with. They have no solution other than to start a warranty claim, which I plan to do.

Any help is appreciated or even just that it's a known issue. I haven't found similar threads.

Other than that the Bronco is awesome!

20210825_132526.jpg

20210825_132112.jpg
Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried taking it completely off and putting back on correctly.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know you’re serious and not a bad answer but all I could think was “did you unplug it and plug it in again?” 😂😂😂

OP
OP

sjbronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup. First thing I tried and made sure I got it in the channel correctly. The channel seems to be the misalignment. Thanks for reply.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sjbronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It looks like the window isn't properly slid into the track....
I wish it was that simple but it came from the dealer like this and then I tried to realign and no luck. It's definitely in the channel/track. Thanks for reply.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just got my Bronco 4 door Outer Banks last weekend with the soft top. I know many issues with the soft top wear but I have a misalignment issue of the side panel bottom guide channel to the body, both left and right side panels, although left is worse. Seems like the channel sits higher than it should causing the mismatch, adding tension to the fabric and causing the horizontal ripple in the window. Not mention looking bad.

Has anyone seen the same? If so any solutions? I'm thinking of ways to lower the bottom channel but haven't been able to dig in just yet.

My dealer says they see it with nearly all the soft tops right now, although they've only sold 6 so not a big sample size they are working with. They have no solution other than to start a warranty claim, which I plan to do.

Any help is appreciated or even just that it's a known issue. I haven't found similar threads.

Other than that the Bronco is awesome!

20210825_132526.jpg

20210825_132112.jpg
After taking out the fasteners and putting them back in of it is not fixed then maybe make a very long "washer" that goes in to of the frame, between at least 2 of the hold down bolts and tighten that thing down. Maybe it will suck that frame closer to the body.

🤷

Don't be afraid to experiment carefully for the greater good and knowledge.

EDIT:. Tighten the "high" part first.

OP
OP

sjbronco21

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I noticed on the official Bronco video that their side panel seems misaligned as well. So it seems like an overall issue. I tried to play with it today and got the right side better but left is just as bad as it was before. I'll keep posting as I work on it more.

Screenshot_20210827-164921_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: abe

nhbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, F150, Ranger, Roadtrek Agile
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I noticed on the official Bronco video that their side panel seems misaligned as well. So it seems like an overall issue. I tried to play with it today and got the right side better but left is just as bad as it was before. I'll keep posting as I work on it more.

Ford Bronco Bronco Soft top side panel misalignment Screenshot_20210827-164921_YouTube
My BD has the same issue. Seems to be worse on the drivers side.

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a real sloppy looking fit. My Bronco Badlands (with soft top) is supposed to be delivered by Sept 30. I should be making a list of all these warranty issues to look for when I take delivery.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford will ask you to call your dealer about this. I have an issue with a waterfall hitting me whenever I try to exit the vehicle in the rain and they are helping me with it.

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looked at my soft top today and have same step. I did notice that's is the hinge point when you put the top up to get in the trunk. May want to check if your adjustments affect the flip access to the trunk.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford will ask you to call your dealer about this. I have an issue with a waterfall hitting me whenever I try to exit the vehicle in the rain and they are helping me with it.
Ford "Solution: stay in vehicle until rain stops and sun comes out. We have it from reliable source that it will come out tomorrow. And you can bet your bottom dollar on that."

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every soft top I've seen has been like that as well. That's that tricky spot where the slide rail meets the C-pillar flap. I don't think it is anything to worry about, more of just a small annoyance.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your choices right now appear to be a) wait for a hard top or b) deal with how bad the soft top fits

Mine has some pretty significant gaps. I just picked it up yesterday evening so I am going to try removal and reinstallation first.

This I assume is normal?
Ford Bronco Bronco Soft top side panel misalignment 20210925_075747

This one I hope can be fixed by reinstalling the panels:
Ford Bronco Bronco Soft top side panel misalignment 20210925_075721
Sponsored