Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg & Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Attn Bronco owners who are surfers. Just installed the @Bestop_Team Bimini Top. Great product and design. Easy to install. Also, tried out attaching FCS SUP Softracks (FCS makes high quality Surf products) and they worked great. I attached the rear soft rack to the C Pilar and the front soft rack across the two footings above the front windshield where the hard top latches in. I drove about 55 mph on the freeway and the board remained very stable. The front of the Bimini did flutter a little whenI hit 50 mph….need to see if this was due to the board or if this would happen anyway with just the Bimini at high speeds. @Bestop_Team can you let me know if the front of the Bimini should flutter at freeway speeds or if I need to tighten up the Bimini straps a little more. Or, if the Bimini was not really designed for highway speeds….

Anyhow, I am stoked that I can transport my board with the roof off. I know SMS Parts makes exposed racks that you can attach however, those are like $550+ for just a set of steel cross bars which I know would be essential for carrying kayaks, etc. However, if you are just carrying surf boards, the FCS soft racks ($100) are a good alternative to get your boards to the beach.

Ford Bronco Bronco- Surf Rack Solution! Bestop Bimini Top & FCS Soft Racks 69793546-FF86-4B4E-A40D-ACD222E592F8

Ford Bronco Bronco- Surf Rack Solution! Bestop Bimini Top & FCS Soft Racks 67DF0AAE-579F-4242-B7EF-3B82C4AAD664

Ford Bronco Bronco- Surf Rack Solution! Bestop Bimini Top & FCS Soft Racks 11937243-69EE-4589-B643-D51D65AE356F

00B5EA4B-27EA-4AC2-8F13-FB880D40CD25.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for posting, as this has been a concern of mine. The real question for me is if the FCS could work with a soft top on. I posted about this a few months back but I think it’s still a mystery. I live in NC where storms can come up out of nowhere in the hotter months, and ideally I wouldn’t have to choose between transporting my boards and not getting soaked. Either way, thanks for putting this up!

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stay tuned i have the killer solution ,that is all return to normal duties.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I’d bought the factory roof rack on my hard top. The dealer convinced me to drop it as they thought it might be a possible constraint.

OP
OP
kbobber

kbobber

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg & Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I’d bought the factory roof rack on my hard top. The dealer convinced me to drop it as they thought it might be a possible constraint.
I just bought OEM roof rails too for use with hard top……
Sponsored