First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to Chicago auto show today. First off THERE WERE 2 doors! One VB off-rodeo unit, and one silver badlands that was similarly equipped to the "trail rig concept" that they were showing off in late 2020. It was even a MT! Couldn't sit in it cause it was roped off, but could get close. Everglades and Raptor of course you have already seen in other threads. My GF and I went on the demo ride, and it was kinda interesting. The 2 broncos they were using for demo rides were 4dr non-squatch Badlands. The only real neat part I thought was the articulation ramps they had set up so that they would 3 wheel (virtually 2 wheel) with the lockers engaged, then unlock the sway bar to show the increase in articulation. Sitting in the vehicle this wasn't all that impressive, but walking around after, and watching them do it over and over I thought it would be a cool video to post. B6g said too large to upload so I uploaded them to youtube and linked them here

Sponsored

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Went to Chicago auto show today. First off THERE WERE 2 doors! One VB off-rodeo unit, and one silver badlands that was similarly equipped to the "trail rig concept" that they were showing off in late 2020. It was even a MT! Couldn't sit in it cause it was roped off, but could get close. Everglades and Raptor of course you have already seen in other threads. My GF and I went on the demo ride, and it was kinda interesting. The 2 broncos they were using for demo rides were 4dr non-squatch Badlands. The only real neat part I thought was the articulation ramps they had set up so that they would 3 wheel (virtually 2 wheel) with the lockers engaged, then unlock the sway bar to show the increase in articulation. Sitting in the vehicle this wasn't all that impressive, but walking around after, and watching them do it over and over I thought it would be a cool video to post. B6g said too large to upload so I uploaded them to youtube and linked them here

That's really cool to see... Thanks for sharing!

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the two doors had a bestop on it too....

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the two doors had a bestop on it too....
YES...I pointed that out to my gal...I love the look of the bestop on 2dr! Of course I had to rant about MIC tops slowing production, and 2dr ONLY coming w/MIC...the great conspiracy to kill the 2dr!

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I feel videos of the stabilizer disconnect is just a gimmick. You should already have it disconnected, kind of like locking in your hubs before hand. The commercials that use to advertise auto vs manual locking hubs with some poor sods muddy jeans :sneaky:

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
YES...I pointed that out to my gal...I love the look of the bestop on 2dr! Of course I had to rant about MIC tops slowing production, and 2dr ONLY coming w/MIC...the great conspiracy to kill the 2dr!
Well, the MIC top issue isn't all bad. It allows folks like me without an early reservation to jump the line and get a Bronco. I originally ordered a MIC top December 1st without a reservation, one week later deleted the top and the following day got scheculded for Jan 31st build.

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I feel videos of the stabilizer disconnect is just a gimmick. You should already have it disconnected, kind of like locking in your hubs before hand. The commercials that use to advertise auto vs manual locking hubs with some poor sods muddy jeans :sneaky:
Ya I brought that up when she was pulling on the ramps. I said "hey don't you wana use sb disco for this?" She said "I'm getting to that" also worth noting that the lockers were locked...it wouldn't have made it into a 3 wheel attitude (really a 2 wheel, the RF doesn't have enough weight on it to drive) w/out the lockers. It's really a demo for people who say "do I want lockers and sb disco?" It shows pretty clearly WHAT these features do for you. I was, however, impressed that the lockers UNLOCKED instantly. I have elockers in my YJ and they are a royal pain to unlock...these were instant...the next demo was a sand pile for showing trail turn only about 10 yards away.

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, the MIC top issue isn't all bad. It allows folks like me without an early reservation to jump the line and get a Bronco. I originally ordered a MIC top December 1st without a reservation, one week later deleted the top and the following day got scheculded for Jan 31st build.
4door...I'm a 2dr guy. Clearly Ford doesn't want my money

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got to ride in the 2 Door during social media day last Friday. Put some vids on Instagram.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was, however, impressed that the lockers UNLOCKED instantly. I have elockers in my YJ and they are a royal pain to unlock...these were instant..
That's interesting. I wonder what the difference is :unsure: . The only e-locker I know of is Eaton.

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's interesting. I wonder what the difference is :unsure: . The only e-locker I know of is Eaton.
Mine are ECTED...complete junk. I'll never buy another!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine are ECTED...complete junk. I'll never buy another!
Now I remember, this has the limited slip or full spool operation. MY guess is great idea poor execution. I've only ran full Detroit's, as Lunch boxes usually cause problems & most of us know that ARB= Already Broke. Seen too many people futzing with those. :cool:

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I remember, this has the limited slip or full spool operation. MY guess is great idea poor execution. I've only ran full Detroit's, as Lunch boxes usually cause problems & most of us know that ARB= Already Broke. Seen too many people futzing with those. :cool:
I have a spartan lunchbox in the rear of my YJ (ford 8.8 swap), and a Yukon air in the front (original d30), and that setup is flawless. Have Yukon air in the front of my FSB as well, but Yukon, for whatever reason, wont make an 8.8 version, and it's a posi, so no lunchbox for that one. ARB makes one, but I keep balking at the price! I can say that I am 100% happy w/the spartan lunchbox tho, at least in 8.8 form...haven't tried others.
Sponsored