First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang, Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anybody have any ideas how to remove a jack nut without drilling It out? I went to install the OEM folding tailgate table today and the 3/4 jacknuts went in perfect but the 4th one was giving me trouble. I’ve read multiple threads and can confirm that the parts are low quality. I would like to remove It without drilling It out if possible, as Im worried a little piece of metal will fall in the tailgate and make noise. Ford really did not make this one easy and the lack of quality hardware and paint behind the accessory panel is also frustrating. Definitely not the easiest install and a lot of tools are needed. Help would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you find a solution?

I just did the same thing, couldn't stop the jacknut from spinning then I over tightened and broke the sleeve.

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr Bronco Wildtrak, 22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One positive if it does drop to the bottom, there is a rubber grommet that can be pulled on the underside. I found this out the hard way when replaying the OEM Ford Logo with a painted one.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The jacknuts just spin. Any suggestions on removing the jacknuts so I can replace them with better quality?

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The jacknuts are crap that come with the table. I ended up drilling mine out, very carefully and very slowly but got them out.

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know this may not help you folks with the nuts already spinning, but when you get a fresh one in there put a little "never-seize" on the bolt when reassembling so it doesn't grab and spin the nut.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the “body” of the jack nut collapses as you tighten it down, you might “start” a longer screw into the threads and try to “straighten” it back out by hammering on it. Unfortunately, it is mounted into aluminum (tailgate), so you will not be able to hammer on it very hard. If the screw is jammed into the threads your probably SOL.

I would never, ever use a jack nut in ANY application if there were other options. IMHO, they will come loose and spin eventually.

I do have the Ford tailgate table, and I did use the factory jack nuts, though hesitantly.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you find a solution?

I just did the same thing, couldn't stop the jacknut from spinning then I over tightened and broke the sleeve.
Same happening to me. It will come apart if you pull on it with pliers. A small bit fell inside my tailgate but doesn’t make noise. For some stupid reason I wanted to use Ford accessories and went with this. I regret it.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had trouble with one of the jacknuts and lost it in the tailgate, I will try the grommet...
Ordered a pack off Amazon and had no issues with the install after taking my time on the rest...worked just fine!

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had trouble with one of the jacknuts and lost it in the tailgate, I will try the grommet...
Ordered a pack off Amazon and had no issues with the install after taking my time on the rest...worked just fine!
What Grommet did you order?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As an update -

I drilled one out and part of it fell inside the tailgate. I was able to use a screw driver and tap the jack nuts open using a hammer then using needle nose pliers while keeping the screwdriver in the jack nut I slowly pulled and pried the jack nut out making sure it didn't fall inside the tail gate.

Now find better jack nuts, grommets or rivets