Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicely done, man. Love the katskinz, I really wanted the saddle interior from the concept car, that comes pretty close.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wannabe Techie

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How do you like the flowmaster exhaust? Is it loud in cabin?
I know video online doesn't really work too well but I will say it's a lot louder than I thought it would be. It does not have a drone sound but def more loud than I thought. If my top is up, I don't hear it too much but noticeable difference from stock.

I really wanted to buy the AWE dual catbcak exhaust but it's $1k and I saw this posted by another forum member so I got it just to see if I'd like the loud sound. Spent $240 and happy I did it b/c this is plenty throaty and loud for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wannabe Techie

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice build. Can you please post a link to the rear speaker mount which looks like it bolts into the rear crossbar? That intrigues me.

Edit: I think this is it: https://dv8offroad.com/products/bronco-roll-bar-speaker-light-bracket
Yup, that's the right one. Took me all of 10 minutes to install it and half the time was taking it out of the box. They package it really well. I want to do the 6" light one day up there too but face it to the trunk since there is so little lighting in there.

OP
OP
Wannabe Techie

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How did you mount the wakeboard pods, and why didn’t you remove the Ford ones?
https://dv8offroad.com/products/bronco-roll-bar-speaker-light-bracket

DV8 just came out with these and bought it the first week available.

One of the issues I have had and read others' posts as well is that you can barely hear the rear 4" speakers... especially true with the top off. So when I added the marine pod speakers, my installers (Best Buy) said hey... would be great if you got another Kicker Key 200. So they did 1 amp with 4" fronts and 4" rears and then they did another kicker key amp 200 with the font 6.5" speaker in kick panel with the 6.5" rear pod speakers. This helps with the balance control from the head unit.

Now, the rears sound amazing. Loud and clear.

I'll have to do another thread about this, but all this was almost free. Because I have a Best Buy card, I get points. Their new TotalTech program is awesome... once you are in it, as long as you buy parts from them, they will install anything for free. So I've been seeing them at least once a month as I continue to get points and add stuff.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Wannabe Techie

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Brilliantly done. It reinforces the reality that the 6G is an erector set. I like your logic with the math vs. a Phantom First Edition.
So… will it ever get filthy? Lol no wrong answer.
Had every intention of getting her dirty... but now I can't get past light trails in Wisconsin at the moment. LOL. I am telling myself once I get PPF maybe I'll do it.

Sponsored

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, that's the right one. Took me all of 10 minutes to install it and half the time was taking it out of the box. They package it really well. I want to do the 6" light one day up there too but face it to the trunk since there is so little lighting in there.
The light mount is definitely interesting and something worth considering. I was trying to see if maybe that crossbar could be used to mount fishing rod holders. I built my own rod rack for the interior of the vehicle using the pre-tapped bolt holes in the roll bars. But a mounting solution along the same lines as this speaker mount bar, which obviously attaches to the rear cross-bar, would be a lot better.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

https://dv8offroad.com/products/bronco-roll-bar-speaker-light-bracket

DV8 just came out with these and bought it the first week available.

One of the issues I have had and read others' posts as well is that you can barely hear the rear 4" speakers... especially true with the top off. So when I added the marine pod speakers, my installers (Best Buy) said hey... would be great if you got another Kicker Key 200. So they did 1 amp with 4" fronts and 4" rears and then they did another kicker key amp 200 with the font 6.5" speaker in kick panel with the 6.5" rear pod speakers. This helps with the balance control from the head unit.

Now, the rears sound amazing. Loud and clear.

I'll have to do another thread about this, but all this was almost free. Because I have a Best Buy card, I get points. Their new TotalTech program is awesome... once you are in it, as long as you buy parts from them, they will install anything for free. So I've been seeing them at least once a month as I continue to get points and add stuff.

Hope this helps.
Hmmm - I may need to find out if this fits including pods with that BRaptor brace when I do my stereo upgrades. Someone did post replacement speaker enclosures that allow 6.5" as well.

Good to know about Best Buy.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had my Bronco for 4 months now. Originally wanted First Edition but didn’t make the list. Then I heard about the Raptor and tried for that. Of course, never had a chance and was left with no Bronco and a long wait.

But then I saw a posting at a local Ford Dealership. Thought it was fake… Big Bend in A51. Not my first choice but after I took it for a test spin I couldn’t stop thinking about it. It was the dealer’s mannequin and it was the first week it was available to sell. While I was test driving it, others were calling on it around the country. $5k ADM only and this was back in March.

So I pulled the trigger and honestly, like the Garth Brooks song, thank god for unanswered prayers… It’s been great using the money I thought I was going to spend on a FE or Raptor on customizing my very own Bronco. So those out there that are frustrated and upset, fret not. It will come and you will enjoy it when it does.

Favorite Upgrades
- DV8 pillar bar for my 2 6.5 Alpine pod speakers. Sounds so good.
- ADV Ram Air Hood @ADV Fiberglass
- Double diamond stitching in Katzkin seats. (Thanks to forum members for posting pics.)

Exterior
- Painted Badlands grill to match wheels and added black Bronco letters
- 4WP 2 inch Lift kit
- 315 KO2 tires
- Fuel Shok 17 inch wheels
- DV8 OE Front bumper @DV8offroad
- DV8 Back bumper
- Rigid lights
- Flowmaster FX Dual Exhaust

Stereo Rocks!!
- Alpine S4 in dash and rear pods
- Alpine R 6.5” in kicker panel
- Alpine 6.5 inch pods
- 2 Kicker Key 200 amps
- 2 Kicker Mono 500 Amps for subs
- 2 12” Kicker shallow subs in 2 downfiring enclosures.

Seating
- Upgraded to Katzkin. LOVE IT. Mahogany I think is this brown. Added double diamond stitch.

Interior
- Pedal Commander
- AR BYOD Rail
- IAG trunk struts @IAG Performance
- Various Sticker Fab products @StickerFab
- Various Mabbett @Mabett

Other cosmetic upgrades
- Bronco Depot Matte Black script. (Script haters go away! I think it’s a great nod to the old Broncos.)
- Matte Black Tailgate Bronco

Wishlist
- Waiting since April for my AR Magnum, come on Curtis, hook a Bruthuh up soon! @EIGHTLUG
- Hardtop

Hope you all live out all your Bronco dreams

9BF635D5-B652-41C3-9983-54911DA39068.jpeg

13EEB008-7196-4A3C-992E-3DED576D130C.jpeg

9C78379B-B410-425F-832B-9411B691C7A1.jpeg

8DC49E57-6A4C-43A5-B790-61EFE19A0E58.jpeg

DD27C1EC-8021-41A9-8E81-00C3C56030B4.jpeg

D18785CE-373B-4EF2-80D6-FD2732FC405D.jpeg

A23859B8-EBAA-4F8C-92C0-028CC795D663.jpeg

D9D42D40-C2EC-4971-9265-DB41FD1227A9.jpeg

2FB5FF15-0F9D-41F5-9A15-34F47FA11AC2.jpeg

E5E17AAC-ECF0-497C-8BB9-5C232AF01007.jpeg

51FD366E-DAB0-4A08-BBF8-12A60086DE53.jpeg

3350AD05-5909-4443-89C0-A6210CEE9D70.jpeg

A0C50EBA-D6F9-4D28-943E-4BCB694B7995.jpeg

1E210F76-7621-40E8-AA8C-85B96B7CA039.jpeg
very nice...can I assume those bolts going up to the sky will affect any top you put on it or am I completely wrong (wouldn't be the first time)?

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why did you keep the factory Rear pods at all if you added those big 6 1/2 back there?

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like everything you have done. The speakers in back are incredible. Just worried I won’t be able to see behind me. Ford needs to make the rear camera work at any speed.

Sponsored

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, it’s the Ford version. I saw it somewhere in this forum where someone clipped off the straps and glued suction cups. GENIUS! So I did the same. Went to Hone Depot and bought some plastic suction cups and some Loctite glue. Voila… after 15 minutes, it gives it a whole new look.
Your rig is a thing of beauty! Any problems with the suction cups losing suction or coming off at speed? I really wanna copy this approach.

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The standard LED headlights look really good in the BL grill. Does it have the 2.3 or 2.7?

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Rig looks so good, and I have hood envy. I've been waiting for mine to arrive for 6 weeks now, and still hasnt shown up. Cool thing is it's going right to the dealer to be prepped and painted and installed. It just needs to get there.... I bet it looks just as good in person as the pictures make it show up.

OP
OP
Wannabe Techie

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

where did you get the script emblems?
I bought them from a forum member who got them from Bronco Depot. (No longer since Ford send them a C&D letter.) However, there are now more options on Ebay and Amazon. They are the matte black version. 10" in length. You will see other forum members post here to sell form time to time for about $90-$100.

OP
OP
Wannabe Techie

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sweet!

You blew my mind with the blacked out letters. Not sure why I never considered it as I normally like all trim to be black. Still, oddly, not sure I'd change ours.

Also, the hood reminds me of a (more aggressive) FJ. Very nice.

Regarding the alpines mounted off the rail: they look very effective. Do you mind the reduced visibility? After the poor visibility in my FJ, I'm a little mindful of the rear view. Any worries about people trying to take them? Did you take any steps there?

Everything looks amazing. Can't give it enough praise.

Thank you!

To your questions...

My buddy has an FJ, so I know what you are talking about. Reduced visibility hasn't been an issue. A little more than usual but the middle gap is still very good so it's not a problem at all. (The JBL Soundbar that Ford had was way worse as it covered the entire view.)

Security... yeah, I worry about it especially with an open top and I only have a soft top. I don't the Bronco if I go into the city, but here in the burbs I feel pretty good about it. As you all know, any Bronco right now gets looks from people so hopefully someone sees them and at least calls 911. :) Thieves would need to have the right tools to come in and take them. I thought about Loctite glue but the end of the day, if they want them, I don't want them to smash the car up while they are trying to figure out how to get them.
Sponsored