Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Low ceilings make it fairly difficult to remove the top.
Throw a support beam in the way, and it's even worse.

Rigged up a solution for removing the hard top. 4 C-lamps clamped to the I-beam, attached to these handy universal tie downs. They fit right into the slots on the hard top, (however the fronts don't go all the way to the cut out, just have them holding halfway there). Took a bit to get the balance right with the window open and closed, but I'm happy 🤷

Have a rope through the clamps and around the base of the top for safety just in case something decided to give way. Can pull out, and back in to re-attach, and can pull in forward and close the garage at night 😇

Alfa Gear Window Tie Down Hook Straps with Hood and Trunk Tie Down Straps Universal for Kayak Canoe Car Roof Bag or Any Gears on top 8 pcs/Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0929GTNCB/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_7C24P1S395QMMVPC1461

Supposed to be 60 tomorrow in Nebraska. Excited to feel the wind in my hair 😅

20220130_173420.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Made my own DIY $6 wireless charger today!
Was sitting at work and came across a wireless Samsung charger I don't use any more (have one built in to my mouse pad now), so I disassembled it. Took the cooling fan off (won't be any ventilation under the rubber mat anyways), and cut some foam out. Electric tape holds the board and charger in place, and I ordered a 6" USB Type C cable off Amazon today.

Works great! Like all wireless chargers it'll take a bit to figure out exactly where to place my phone to charge, but for $6 (the shorter cable) I'm very pleased. The rubber mat even has a little hole in the front for the cord to run through. 🤷

Ford Bronco Budget Base Bronco Build 20220201_173538

Ford Bronco Budget Base Bronco Build 20220201_173529

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Few more updates. Audio install is complete and the car sounds great. I actually mounted the amp to my sub, and have a quick disconnect for the power wires so I can remove it easily when the top comes off. Will post photos later. Still need to devise some sort of mount to hold in place that's easy to disconnect as well.

Took it off-roading for the first time today. Not many places near Omaha NE, but an hour out town finds you some pretty fun minimum maintenance roads.

Warning. Mud drying on your rear fender flares will prevent you from opening rear doors. 😅

20220206_150140.jpg

20220206_180318.jpg

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Installed the Oracle black grille setup today, as well as the GPCA D-rings for cargo area, and Oracle third brake light.

I completely eliminated the factory third brake light. I got tired of it being a visibility issue in my rear view.

Used an Add a fuse in the fuse box, tied in with the fuel injector fuse, if I read the diagram correctly. Lights turn on any time the car is running or in accessory mode which is exactly what I wanted.

20220220_175156.jpg

20220220_175211.jpg

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Installed the Oracle black grille setup today, as well as the GPCA D-rings for cargo area, and Oracle third brake light.

I completely eliminated the factory third brake light. I got tired of it being a visibility issue in my rear view.

Used an Add a fuse in the fuse box, tied in with the fuel injector fuse, if I read the diagram correctly. Lights turn on any time the car is running or in accessory mode which is exactly what I wanted.

Ford Bronco Budget Base Bronco Build 20220220_175211

Base grill is the best for this stuff, love the way the lights look!

uslfcfan

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Few more updates. Audio install is complete and the car sounds great. I actually mounted the amp to my sub, and have a quick disconnect for the power wires so I can remove it easily when the top comes off. Will post photos later. Still need to devise some sort of mount to hold in place that's easy to disconnect as well.

Took it off-roading for the first time today. Not many places near Omaha NE, but an hour out town finds you some pretty fun minimum maintenance roads.

Warning. Mud drying on your rear fender flares will prevent you from opening rear doors. 😅

What speakers did you use in the front and rear?

Sponsored