First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else have a Bronco that has been built but is still waiting to get picked up? Mine has been sitting since 9/29 and keeps getting bumped each week. It just has to make it to Chicago area from Flint, haha. I have actually been fine with timing but the truck just sitting there waiting for a hauler is getting on my nerves now.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else have a Bronco that has been built but is still waiting to get picked up? Mine has been sitting since 9/29 and keeps getting bumped each week. It just has to make it to Chicago area from Flint, haha. I have actually been fine with timing but the truck just sitting there waiting for a hauler is getting on my nerves now.
Yeah, trucks are backed up, as you know. Seems people are getting it faster via rail.

My Bronco was blended 10/1, shipped 10/4 via rail and was here 15 days later. Took another 3 days just to move it the last 15 miles via convoy.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, trucks are backed up, as you know. Seems people are getting it faster via rail.

My Bronco was blended 10/1, shipped 10/4 via rail and was here 15 days later. Took another 3 days just to move it the last 15 miles via convoy.
Where was yours sitting for 15 days? Mines been in Nashville for 9...

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you track it through rail and convoy?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where was yours sitting for 15 days? Mines been in Nashville for 9...
That was the entire rail time from MI to AZ. It sat a few days in Illinois somewhere transferring to a westbound train but made it here fairly quick overall.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you track it through rail and convoy?
Call your dealer, get the train car number in your vehicle order report and you can follow the instructions here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

Its simple. Call, repeat the train car number and it will tell you an up to date status. Hang up if it tries to transfer you to a person.

You will know if your Bronco is at the local yard waiting on ground transport if it says your rail car is empty and released to customer. The customer here is Ford (the dealer), not you. That would mean its waiting on a truck to take it to your dealership.

My dealer was able to call over to the train yard and request shipment and it was here 12 hours later.

Ive also heard that you can get your railcar number on your window sticker.. but nothing on the window sticker matched a the train car number for me. Someone else might be able to explain that.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was the entire rail time from MI to AZ. It sat a few days in Illinois somewhere transferring to a westbound train but made it here fairly quick overall.
Gotcha. Ya I'm going to So IL and it went from Michigan to Cincinnati to Louisville to Nashville and now it's stuck there for the last 9 days. Logistically, this has been the worst experience...

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotcha. Ya I'm going to So IL and it went from Michigan to Cincinnati to Louisville to Nashville and now it's stuck there for the last 9 days. Logistically, this has been the worst experience...
What the dealer sees in their system and what is actually happening could be worlds apart.
My dealer actually still saw the vehicle in Illinois when he finally figured out how to give me the rail car number. Once I had that, I had the real status (it was delivered to the local yard an hour prior) and had my Bronco a few days later.

Dont rely on your dealers for this stuff.. they've had no actual training and no one really cared previous to the Bronco. Your Bronco may just be sitting at the local yard like mine was, waiting on a ride.

Ive had my Badlands for I think 4 days, and it still shows an expected delivery in a week.

Ford Bronco Built waiting for shipment..... 1635277147221

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What the dealer sees in their system and what is actually happening could be worlds apart.
My dealer actually still saw the vehicle in Illinois when he finally figured out how to give me the rail car number. Once I had that, I had the real status (it was delivered to the local yard an hour prior) and had my Bronco a few days later.

Dont rely on your dealers for this stuff.. they've had no actual training and no one really cared previous to the Bronco. Your Bronco may just be sitting at the local yard like mine was, waiting on a ride.

Ive had my Badlands for I think 4 days, and it still shows an expected delivery in a week.

Ford Bronco Built waiting for shipment..... 1635277147221
So my dealer won't give me the rail information (not sure if he won't or doesn't know how) so I'm basically going in blind literally every direction. Before the Ford Performance site stopped giving a ton of info out, he informed me last week it was in Nashville on 10/17. It's torture not knowing anything as we've reserved this a year and a half ago. It's even worse knowing that i could have walked to go get it, since I'm in IL, faster than they can deliver it lol on top of the mandatory 1500 delivery fee...

OP
OP
Barko13

Barko13

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my dealer won't give me the rail information (not sure if he won't or doesn't know how) so I'm basically going in blind literally every direction. Before the Ford Performance site stopped giving a ton of info out, he informed me last week it was in Nashville on 10/17. It's torture not knowing anything as we've reserved this a year and a half ago. It's even worse knowing that i could have walked to go get it, since I'm in IL, faster than they can deliver it lol on top of the mandatory 1500 delivery fee...
I know, I was telling someone its like 3.5 hrs from me and there it sits. I used to run a Ford dealership so I know the drill, its just annoying. The place yours is from can do a vehicle visibility trace and see where its at. I know mines sitting at the plant waiting for a truck.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dollars to donuts, your dealer has no clue where to find the rail info which is why they won't hand it over. I finally told my dealer I had a way to track it outside their system and that's when he was willing to go through the order line by line looking for what could be a railcar number. My guy was the head sales manager and even he hadn't dealt with it before.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Barko13

Barko13

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dollars to donuts, your dealer has no clue where to find the rail info which is why they won't hand it over. I finally told my dealer I had away to track it outside their system and that's when he was willing to go through the order line by line looking for what could be a railcar number. My guy was the head sales manager and even he hadn't dealt with it before.
I would agree. Being a GM of a Ford dealer for 20+ years, I was in the minority of people that knew how to use most of the info on the fmcdealer website.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congrats, Hero, glad you got it! My OBX was Blended 7/22, MIC wait, Shipped 10/8, and I picked it up at dealer Oct. 21 here in SC. The MIC top is flawless, and works well!

20211021_153931.jpg

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats, Hero, glad you got it! My OBX was Blended 7/22, MIC wait, Shipped 10/8, and I picked it up at dealer Oct. 21 here in SC.
I LOVE that color.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dollars to donuts, your dealer has no clue where to find the rail info which is why they won't hand it over. I finally told my dealer I had a way to track it outside their system and that's when he was willing to go through the order line by line looking for what could be a railcar number. My guy was the head sales manager and even he hadn't dealt with it before.
Whats the best way to inform him how to check?
Sponsored