Bumper replacement causes parking sensors to go nuts

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sensors went in pretty easy. I don’t see how angle could possibly be an issue. They have to go in straight. There is no way to angle them. Now rotation might be right. I don’t know if there is a top and bottom. Never even crossed my mind to mark top and bottom when I pulled them out. Someone else suggested taking negative cable off for ten minutes and see if they reset. Said it wirked for him. I have to do that anyway when I install and wire in the roof light bar. If that does not fix it I will just leave them turned off. I never had a vehicle with parking sensors before so it’s not like I’m going to miss them.
It depends on your bumper they're coming out of, some have flat outer sensor clips and some have angled. Depends on if you have the steel or plastic OEM bumper. If you have angled mounts/clips, you may need flat ones, or vise versa, depending on the style of your aftermarket bumper. You can order through @flip and some of the vendors also sell them.

There is definitely a top and bottom, the clips also have letters on them (bottom if I recall correctly) which indicate placement. You MUST replace them exactly, right side up and rotated, as they were in the original bumper. I marked the top and rotation before removing so I re-aligned exactly the same in the new bumper. There are several threads on the importance of this, which I read through prior to replacement of the bumper. They are sensitive to the rotation, even following the steps I did, I still had to rotate one slightly post install.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My original bumpers had mounts that the sensors went in that angled them. The replacement bumpers have no such option or way to use the original mounts. The holes cut in the new bumper are just big enough for the sensors to mount and they all go in flat. No way to angle them. The bumper comes with brackets to hold the sensor down in place and that’s it. Seems like the company should have made their holes bigger to allow for the transfer of the original mounts for the sensors. Seems like a mistake on their part. I’m repeating myself at this point but it kind of pisses me off. Seems at the very least their instructions should mention if there is an up and down and to mark things when removing the harness. All it said was remove harness with sensors and install in new bumper.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I must have gotten lucky at I didn't even realize there was an up vs down. The metalcloak rear bumper came with new inserts to mount the factory sensors. I guess I just put them in whatever the most comfortable way it was already shaped in.

OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I must have gotten lucky at I didn't even realize there was an up vs down. The metalcloak rear bumper came with new inserts to mount the factory sensors. I guess I just put them in whatever the most comfortable way it was already shaped in.
A few people have been saying they are having problems and others none with bumper replacements. You are one of the lucky ones.
Sponsored