Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No cast iron skillet? Where is the kitchen sink? No corn hole board? You need a trailer and you will have more room for stuff. Bronco holds a lot of stuff!
Skillet and collapsible tub/sink go in the boxes.

Corn hole boards (or my folding table) may fit flat underneath and level with the seats!
Sponsored

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was curious if the gazelle would fit across Waze at the window Heights. I havenā€™t had a chance to measure the mannequin in my local dealer and see if it would possibly fit.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you camping or glamping??? Or moving?? Jeez maybe staying a few months.
Just kidding. I'm just jealous bro.
Enjoy!!!

OP
OP
mootruck98

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you camping or glamping??? Or moving?? Jeez maybe staying a few months.
Just kidding. I'm just jealous bro.
Enjoy!!!
All of the above I think.

Wife won't camp without cot and sleeping pad, then everyone wants one.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All of the above I think.

Wife won't camp without cot and sleeping pad, then everyone wants one.
I completely understand...
Ford Bronco Camping Cargo Test Run 20201113_184635

Maybe your next purchase should be self-inflating mats so you can quit stuffing the cargo area with all those big foam ones. šŸ˜šŸ˜

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely understand...
Ford Bronco Camping Cargo Test Run 20201113_184635

Maybe your next purchase should be self-inflating mats so you can quick stuffing the cargo area with all those big foam ones. šŸ˜šŸ˜
Weā€™ve had the exped mega mat for six years now and yeah itā€™s expensive to buy it but that is the best night sleep I have ever gotten in 20 years of camping!!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Weā€™ve had the exped mega mat for six years now and yeah itā€™s expensive to buy it but that is the best night sleep I have ever gotten in 20 years of camping!!
Oh, yes!!!šŸ„³

The Exped is on my wish list!šŸ„°

Do you put it right on the ground (as in right on the tent floor)? If so, is it insulated enough to not feel icy when the ground is frozen?šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Once I get my Bronco, I have places I want to camp in the snow. I moved up from a cheap airbed to a cot because when I camp cold places, the airbed on the ground feels like a giant popsicle. šŸ˜

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, yes!!!šŸ„³

The Exped is on my wish list!šŸ„°

Do you put it right on the ground (as in right on the tent floor)? If so, is it insulated enough to not feel icy when the ground is frozen?šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Once I get my Bronco, I have places I want to camp in the snow. I moved up from a cheap airbed to a cot because when I camp cold places, the airbed on the ground feels like a giant popsicle. šŸ˜
So this might seem like itā€™s too good to be true but when it is hot out your expert is cold to the touch and when itā€™s warm out it will definitely keep you warm. Itā€™s all of the benefits of an air mattress and a memory foam and none of the drawbacks!!

One of the things we learned after first couple times as you donā€™t have to inflate them up all the way Iā€™m 400 pounds and I only feel mind about 3/4 of the way up that way it still has some gift to it itā€™s not like laying on an air mattress thatā€™s a beach ball that youā€™re rolling around on!!

Many of the guys in my overland groups have tried them and realized why theyā€™re so worth the cost.. I canā€™t even begin to tell you many hundreds of people have laid down on our mats in our tent or in our camper and within a week purchased one!

I bought mine at REI even though I donā€™t necessarily agree with some of their stuff but the dividends paid for to camp pillows. And I was able to inflate it and lay down on it in the store to check the quality

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So this might seem like itā€™s too good to be true but when it is hot out your expert is cold to the touch and when itā€™s warm out it will definitely keep you warm. Itā€™s all of the benefits of an air mattress and a memory foam and none of the drawbacks!!

One of the things we learned after first couple times as you donā€™t have to inflate them up all the way Iā€™m 400 pounds and I only feel mind about 3/4 of the way up that way it still has some gift to it itā€™s not like laying on an air mattress thatā€™s a beach ball that youā€™re rolling around on!!

Many of the guys in my overland groups have tried them and realized why theyā€™re so worth the cost.. I canā€™t even begin to tell you many hundreds of people have laid down on our mats in our tent or in our camper and within a week purchased one!

I bought mine at REI even though I donā€™t necessarily agree with some of their stuff but the dividends paid for to camp pillows. And I was able to inflate it and lay down on it in the store to check the quality
I'm getting a 2-door so I've been looking for ways to consolidate and lighten up some of my gear. If the exped takes up less volume in my cargo area than the cot and the self-inflating mat, then I may move it up higher on my wish list.šŸ˜

OP
OP
mootruck98

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is what the final product looked like this weekend.

20211001_093601.jpg
20211001_093608.jpg
20211001_093623.jpg
20211001_093629.jpg
20211001_114742.jpg

I will have to look into the self inflating mats for sure as well as camp pillows. The double burner jet boil kit would make it easy to downsize to the smaller Plano boxes. Lots to review. Just gotta keep going and re-evaluating what is worth the space and what isn't.

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a 2-door so I've been looking for ways to consolidate and lighten up some of my gear. If the exped takes up less volume in my cargo area than the cot and the self-inflating mat, then I may move it up higher on my wish list.šŸ˜

26in long 8in tube.. my recommendation is get a power inflator that also is a deflator. I can vac ours down in about three minutes or fill it up in less than a minute!!
https://www.sportsmans.com/camping-...9gGZ5Z6pZ8ZqNGF5naFUGhF7NV3U32qRoCiEcQAvD_BwE
Ford Bronco Camping Cargo Test Run CD22DAEF-48BA-478A-9157-8AAC039CBC75
Sponsored