Sponsored

Can you reserve an order from dealer allocation?

KingCakeKid

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had an out of state dealership offer to let me reserve a Bronco out of their upcoming dealership allocation, just have to put down a deposit. Want to see if anyone had done something similar?
Sponsored

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had an out of state dealership offer to let me reserve a Bronco out of their upcoming dealership allocation, just have to put down a deposit. Want to see if anyone had done something similar?
Yes.

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put $500 down on a 23 WT, Iconic SIlver 2 door. Scheduled to be built on 2/20/23. My salesman called me with all their scheduled 2 doors. That's the one I liked the most. Already had $100 reservation but decided to go for this. I actually have a sales agreement and (they told me anyway) will get it at MSRP with no ADM.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While it is possible, just because they say they have open allocations, a Bronco is not guaranteed. Most dealerships are coming close to fulfilling their carryover reservations/orders and will have allocation capacity later in the year. What is more likely to determine your order getting pulled is your particular build vs current constraints. There are plenty of dealerships here in DFW who will take care of you and I can recommend some if you like. Whomever you chose just make sure your deposit is of the refundable kind.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
A dealer can promise all sorts of things.

Some of the smaller or mid-size dealers have more allocations than orders. They can order 4-door soft top "spec" Broncos to fill that allocation. So you can reserve with the dealer and get a promise that if that Bronco is built, they will sell it to you, and you can probably pick a few items like paint color.

If a dealer is trying to sell anything else, it's either a build they stole from someone else, or it was abandoned.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put $500 down on a 23 WT, Iconic SIlver 2 door. Scheduled to be built on 2/20/23. My salesman called me with all their scheduled 2 doors.
Dealers are not supposed to be able to order Wildtracks or 2-doors. So who'd they steal it from?

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealers are not supposed to be able to order Wildtracks or 2-doors. So who'd they steal it from?
Ya got me , Personally I would have ordered it a bit differently but this will be a nice ride.

They have 20 dealer order Broncos coming in. 4 are 2 doors. 2 WTs and 2 BL with SAS. No MTs . I didn't like that they installed carpet in the BLs and one of them had roof racks which I also did not want so I picked the one I felt was best for me.

Not sure who they "stole" it from. I had a reservation. They called me about the 2 doors. I looked at the DORA and signed a sales agreement based on that. They messaged me a few weeks later with a VIN and a 2/20 build date.

Perhaps it is an abandoned order from a customer or maybe dealers actually can order 2 doors.

Either way I will believe it when it is siting in my garage.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Last month I had found a dealer with a dealer stock order for a '23 WT with MIC + High package that was already scheduled for build next week. So dealers definitely were able to order Wildtrak's for dealer stock.
Sponsored