First Name
Hassen Hamood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are their any different color fog lights on the market to switch them out that will at least look OEM? Like amber perhaps? Or even a unique dark green to go with my eruption green paint job? Or perhaps even a way to change the color of my existing lights? Thanks 👍
Sponsored

FSUMcFly

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a few options, I went with the amber 4Banger kit that were plug and play. I purchased directly from Morimoto since they are local to me, but I believe @4x4TruckLEDs.com on here had some deals on them
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper question here, concerning its fog lights IMG_0356

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper question here, concerning its fog lights IMG_0921
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper question here, concerning its fog lights IMG_0922

Last edited:

Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JONNEE

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Tahoe, 2000 Yukon XL, 1993 Suburban, all 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Are their any different color fog lights on the market to switch them out that will at least look OEM? Like amber perhaps? Or even a unique dark green to go with my eruption green paint job? Or perhaps even a way to change the color of my existing lights? Thanks 👍
Not to be a debby downer, but here in AZ, the vehicle code section 28-947 (B) states " Lights visible from the front of a vehicle shall be amber or white."
Perhaps if you keep them covered at all times except when you're off-road away from any law-enforcement vehicles, you might be able to get away with it.
Generally, LEOs have more important things to do, but you never know what side of the bed they woke up on before their shift :)

OP
OP
Bronczilla23

Bronczilla23

Wildtrak
First Name
Hassen Hamood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not to be a debby downer, but here in AZ, the vehicle code section 28-947 (B) states " Lights visible from the front of a vehicle shall be amber or white."
Perhaps if you keep them covered at all times except when you're off-road away from any law-enforcement vehicles, you might be able to get away with it.
Generally, LEOs have more important things to do, but you never know what side of the bed they woke up on before their shift :)
Thanks big time...here in Michigan I'm not sure if any such ordinance exists.... Then again, I'm still relatively new to the Bronco community having mine delivered just last August... But I've had cops drive against me in traffic on two-way streets with my green pod lights switched on showing their full glory, they didn't seem to care 😁

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper question here, concerning its fog lights Screenshot_20231212_172530_Photos

JONNEE

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks big time...here in Michigan I'm not sure if any such ordinance exists.... Then again, I'm still relatively new to the Bronco community having mine delivered just last August... But I've had cops drive against me in traffic on two-way streets with my green pod lights switched on showing their full glory, they didn't seem to care 😁

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper question here, concerning its fog lights Screenshot_20231212_172530_Photos
That's a gorgeous machine!
Michigan vehicle code
"257.696 Spot lamps; fog lamps
(b) A motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than 2 fog lamps mounted on the front at a height of not less than 12 inches nor more than 30 inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands, which fog lamps shall be so aimed that when the vehicle is not loaded none of the high-intensity portion of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle shall at a distance of 25 feet ahead project higher than a level 4 inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which it comes. Lighted fog lamps meeting the requirements of this subsection may be used with lower head-lamp beams."

What's curious to me is that at least in the above paragraph they don't mention allowed/prohibited colors for fog lamps. However, they do codify the height allowed for those lamps. The ones in the bumper are in the 12 to 30" range, as specified in the above text. The ones adjacent to the mirrors are out of the 12-30" range, so can't be fog lamps. The roof-mounted lamps are perhaps problematic, but I haven't looked at the Michigan code much.

There are often (always?) restrictions of total number of forward-facing lamps allowed for a private or non-governmental vehicle. Like I said before, LEOs can choose to ignore many things, but if one gets on their wrong side for some reason they can (and sometimes will) write the operator up for a litany of violations. Here's a link to a random website that may be useful to explain what once can and can't do.

https://rigforge.com/do-off-road-lights-need-to-be-covered-the-law-explained/

Here in AZ, I've been on the freeway when some vehicle comes up behind with flashing red and or blue lights. Thinking that was for me :mad: I've moved to the right, only to find it was some yahoo who just wanted everyone to yield right of way. Bastard! I'd think that if that driver came up behind an unmarked LEO vehicle, the LEO might react poorly to it.:eek: YMMV

Sponsored

JONNEE

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

IANAL, but I work with them. I'm a registered engineer, and have to follow a lot of codes and regulations in my work. Some are perhaps wonky, but generally I see the value in them. As well, violating or ignoring them can get me and/or my firm in trouble and into civil or criminal court. Makes me sensitive to these things :rolleyes:
But damn that emerald green looks sweet!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have to wonder where you've been, probably two dozen threads....

Look at @Diode Dynamics ...best products, reasonable pricing, you decide what you want to spend. I went with the stage series amber, pretty easy switch. Just need a couple 5 gal buckets to hold the bumper up once you get it off....lol.

OP
OP
Bronczilla23

Bronczilla23

Wildtrak
First Name
Hassen Hamood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's a gorgeous machine!
Michigan vehicle code
"257.696 Spot lamps; fog lamps
(b) A motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than 2 fog lamps mounted on the front at a height of not less than 12 inches nor more than 30 inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands, which fog lamps shall be so aimed that when the vehicle is not loaded none of the high-intensity portion of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle shall at a distance of 25 feet ahead project higher than a level 4 inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which it comes. Lighted fog lamps meeting the requirements of this subsection may be used with lower head-lamp beams."

What's curious to me is that at least in the above paragraph they don't mention allowed/prohibited colors for fog lamps. However, they do codify the height allowed for those lamps. The ones in the bumper are in the 12 to 30" range, as specified in the above text. The ones adjacent to the mirrors are out of the 12-30" range, so can't be fog lamps. The roof-mounted lamps are perhaps problematic, but I haven't looked at the Michigan code much.

There are often (always?) restrictions of total number of forward-facing lamps allowed for a private or non-governmental vehicle. Like I said before, LEOs can choose to ignore many things, but if one gets on their wrong side for some reason they can (and sometimes will) write the operator up for a litany of violations. Here's a link to a random website that may be useful to explain what once can and can't do.

https://rigforge.com/do-off-road-lights-need-to-be-covered-the-law-explained/

Here in AZ, I've been on the freeway when some vehicle comes up behind with flashing red and or blue lights. Thinking that was for me :mad: I've moved to the right, only to find it was some yahoo who just wanted everyone to yield right of way. Bastard! I'd think that if that driver came up behind an unmarked LEO vehicle, the LEO might react poorly to it.:eek: YMMV
Thank you big big big time... But wouldn't you know it? I was reading your post and my sister who loves to chat started texting me.... still is, while I'm typing this 😄😄 I'm going back and forth reading hers and reading yours.... And I got to the part you mention it "bastard" and I started laughing 😄 .... But not at you, with you 😄 . Thanks again!!

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided