Sponsored

Carbon fiber hard top, anyone seen this yet?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anderson makes that top, and someone has it. I saw something on a owner getting their CF top about a week ago.

Its super pricey, but I would expect that being Carbon Fiber.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How long do CF roofs last? Are they robust enough to stand up to the sun and weather elements
over time, or do they have a finite period before they need repair or replacement? And how are they cared for? PPF provides some protection from rocks, etc, and but is there anything else that CF specifically needs for purposes of long term protection?

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How long do CF roofs last? Are they robust enough to stand up to the sun and weather elements
over time, or do they have a finite period before they need repair or replacement? And how are they cared for? PPF provides some protection from rocks, etc, and but is there anything else that CF specifically needs for purposes of long term protection?
Doesn't REALLY answer your question but some OEM's are putting carbon roofs on their cars.
Porsche and BMW, for example.
I have seen some M3's with the clear starting to fail...
Or just looking at aftermarket parts like wings and hoods, shitty ones will start to peel/discolor.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doesn't REALLY answer your question but some OEM's are putting carbon roofs on their cars.
Porsche and BMW, for example.
I have seen some M3's with the clear starting to fail...
Or just looking at aftermarket parts like wings and hoods, shitty ones will start to peel/discolor.
I know that some of the OEM CF roofs have been around now for quite some time, including the ones you mentioned as well as corvette, and probably others. I figured by now the longevity and potential pitfalls of longterm ownership of a CF roof would be pretty well known.

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haven't seen the clearcoat yellow like it used to. But they can refinish them. usually scrap, refinish then another coat of gel on top.

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just buy a lower trim such as the Bigbend and you save enough for the roof. Seems that way on the video.

Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here's the link to the top on Anderson's site showing it's $9500. Not sure why the link included in the OP is more expensive., but maybe the reseller is including something else with it.

For anyone interested in buying one, give @LethalPerformance a shout. They're a great vendor to work with and their price is significantly less than $12k.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think its really that crazy, considering what some spend to mod their vehicles. Aren't the OEM hardtops going for 4-6 grand or so, used? So to spend $10K on a brand new CF hard top just doesn't sound that crazy. If I had the funds, I'd do it ;)

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

imagine throwing 12k at a roof that is functionally the exact same (if not worse) than the one that came on a vehicle you already paid for…assuming you got the hardtop already ofc.