Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More looks at Carbonized Gray on the Bronco Sport.

2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend Carbonized Gray Metallic.png
If they don't bring back the body color hardtop for the 2D by launch I could definitely see ordering the Black Hardtop and having just the roof sprayed CG. Just follow the bottom edge of the front panel around the back cap. At that point it's probably not any less than just painting the whole top body color but I like the look??‍♂

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This week Carbonized Gray is my favorite. Planning to purchase a 2 door Badlands with the modular Shadow Black hard top and Sasquatch. That will give me a black grill, black mirror covers and black wheels. For me there is just enough mixture of black and carbonized gray to make it interesting. Although I love several of the other colors, I am leaning toward creating an image of off-road adventure rather than a mall crawler. Not that there is anything wrong with mall crawling!

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This week Carbonized Gray is my favorite. Planning to purchase a 2 door Badlands with the modular Shadow Black hard top and Sasquatch. That will give me a black grill, black mirror covers and black wheels. For me there is just enough mixture of black and carbonized gray to make it interesting. Although I love several of the other colors, I am leaning toward creating an image of off-road adventure rather than a mall crawler. Not that there is anything wrong with mall crawling!
Ha ... that's my flavor of the "week" as well. Per the Q&A thread, I'm not holding my breath for any other colors to appear. So, left b with some hard decisions now on color, and CG is looking good. I think it will look just fine with any color top too.

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ha ... that's my flavor of the "week" as well. Per the Q&A thread, I'm not holding my breath for any other colors to appear. So, left b with some hard decisions now on color, and CG is looking good. I think it will look just fine with any color top too.
I'm a little worried about the Carbonite top with CG color.. I'm getting base so it's either that or soft top. I'm surprised there's not alot of talk about the soft top..

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree!
Also, I like the look of the interior shots coming out of Austin this morning. A medium slate gray marine grade vinyl should be an option on the Badlands. I suspect it will also have the orange details. I think all that should look fine with Carbonized Gray.
Who knows, I may oft for the tubular doors.

Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray Paint Thread 2021 Ford Bronco Accessories Concept - Trail Rig Concept 2 Door 1

2021 Ford Bronco Accessories Concept - Trail Rig Concept 2 Door 000.jpg

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm a little worried about the Carbonite top with CG color.. I'm getting base so it's either that or soft top. I'm surprised there's not alot of talk about the soft top..
Is that the top that's lighter in color than the black top? If so, I think it may look good. Would be nice to see it though. I think the white top will really look good!

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is that the top that's lighter in color than the black top? If so, I think it may look good. Would be nice to see it though. I think the white top will really look good!
You only get the regular top option for base, no modular hard top available. The base hard top is "molded in CG"

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree!
Also, I like the look of the interior shots coming out of Austin this morning. A medium slate gray marine grade vinyl should be an option on the Badlands. I suspect it will also have the orange details. I think all that should look fine with Carbonized Gray.
Who knows, I may oft for the tubular doors.

Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray Paint Thread 2021 Ford Bronco Accessories Concept - Trail Rig Concept 2 Door 000

Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray Paint Thread 2021 Ford Bronco Accessories Concept - Trail Rig Concept 2 Door 000
I was thinking the same on those doors! At the end of day, I think that thing will look good with any color, but won't stop me from fretting over it until then.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was thinking the same on those doors! At the end of day, I think that thing will look good with any color, but won't stop me from fretting over it until then.
It is true, the 2 door Bronco design transcends any color. Where I live, there are lots of Jeep and Subaru vehicles. The Jeeps are all silver, white, race red or black. The Subaru is mostly orange and an Area 51 look alike. I do not want to resemble a Jeep or Subaru. Scary thought! CG should look fine.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It is true, the 2 door Bronco design transcends any color. Where I live, there are lots of Jeep and Subaru vehicles. The Jeeps are all silver, white, race red or black. The Subaru is mostly orange and an Area 51 look alike. I do not want to resemble a Jeep or Subaru. Scary thought! CG should look fine.
Lucky you ... we have those same colors down here, but also heavy gray Jeeps. A white top would solve all our "problems" :LOL:

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I guess this is the molded in CG with a CG body. Looks great! That two door is a beast!

Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray Paint Thread CG1.PNG
Going by the Mach E CG color online, I think this one will not look the same in person. But I was trying to get a view of the molded in color of the top, so that helps. I'll be going with the 4 door.

DDT

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Sequoia 4WD Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve come full circle on this one. It seems a shame not to get a unique color, but I can’t look at the CG 4-door Badlands in the colorized and not think BOND VILLAIN! and kinda want one, real bad. So, at least for now, it’s:

Carbonized Gray
Black hard top (4-piece)/Combo
Badlands
4 Door
2.7L Automatic

White/light gray interior with Marine-grade vinyl
LUX Package
All the trail options

The holdout debate is Squatch v Standard 33” A/T; leaning standard..

Da-dump-da-duhhhhhhh
Sponsored