Sponsored

Cargo Area Liner + Seat Back protection (+Plastic transition protection?)

ZacStro

Wildtrak
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm looking for cargo weather mats for my 4 Door Bronco, and seat back mats for when I lay the seats down and have longer cargo.

I'm leaning toward OEM cargo mat because you can't beat the Bronco logo. Though I have looked at both weathertech and this other brand that has seat backs.

So far the only option that seems to care about covering the plastic transition between the cargo and the seat backs is the one that has seat backs as well: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YNGZBNX/?coliid=I2BF3ETV3DDP32&colid=3MFWG52AUZVAS
(I think Mabette makes the same exact thing, might be a more trustworthy brand?)

I'm thinking about ordering the seat backs only from that, then get an OEM cargo mat from one of a couple dealer/oem sites that sell them. This leaves that plastic transition unprotected. It seems like any wood or rough material will easily scratch that up. The overkill solution would be buy the cargo mats that cover it, buy the oem cargo mat, and then either use them both or cut out just the edges of the cargo mat that covers the plastic transition and slide that under the OEM cargo mat.

Am I being overkill to try to protect that piece? And is there a better solution I'm not thinking of? Does anyone sell a protector for just that transition piece? Any strong reccomendations for or against any of the options I've mentioned?

Thanks guys!
Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with Mabett all around: floor mats front/rear, rear seat backs (4-piece set), and cargo area floor mat (which the back covers the sloped piece back there). Absolutely no issues for me through 19k miles - I like how everything matches

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The cloth/carpet on the back of the rear seats is a huge mistake (IMO) in a vehicle made for the dirt, designed to be topless and that has a rubber wash out floor. Huh?

I just looked at the seat back covers from Mabett. Have any of you bought these. Iā€™m curious as to how they install. Do they just go over the cloth/carpet?, or do they replace the cloth/carpet on the seat backs.

If they just cover (go over) the existing seat backs, in my opinion, the dirt, wet carpeting problem is just exacerbated (whooohooo!).

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The cloth/carpet on the back of the rear seats is a huge mistake (IMO) in a vehicle made for the dirt, designed to be topless and that has a rubber wash out floor. Huh?

I just looked at the seat back covers from Mabett. Have any of you bought these. Iā€™m curious as to how they install. Do they just go over the cloth/carpet?, or do they replace the cloth/carpet on the seat backs.

If they just cover (go over) the existing seat backs, in my opinion, the dirt, wet carpeting problem is just exacerbated (whooohooo!).
They attach to the carpet like Velcro. Very strong connection: Iā€™ve not hosed out the rear of the seats, but have hosed out the rest of the Bronco. I havenā€™t had any issues with water sticking around by getting under the mats. Youā€™d have to replace the entire seat cover to get rid of the carpet completely

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They attach to the carpet like Velcro. Very strong connection: Iā€™ve not hosed out the rear of the seats, but have hosed out the rest of the Bronco. I havenā€™t had any issues with water sticking around by getting under the mats. Youā€™d have to replace the entire seat cover to get rid of the carpet completely
OK. Thanks for your reply, Iā€™ll probably go ahead and by the seat back set.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZacStro

ZacStro

Wildtrak
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with Mabett all around: floor mats front/rear, rear seat backs (4-piece set), and cargo area floor mat (which the back covers the sloped piece back there). Absolutely no issues for me through 19k miles - I like how everything matches
Might have to go with the Mabett for both seatback and cargo... then decide whether I try to get the Bronco logo in there after. Function/durability over look.

At the very least, the OEM cargo mat could be nice to have for value if I ever sell it. (But I hope to keep it 10+ years!)

How thick is the Mabette one for the cargo area? For if I did decide to just double up on mats back there to get the OEM logo?

Right now I have carpet mats from the front and middle seats and a folded tarp as my cargo mat. lol

CaptStang

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Edge ST; 2015 50th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm looking for cargo weather mats for my 4 Door Bronco, and seat back mats for when I lay the seats down and have longer cargo.

I'm leaning toward OEM cargo mat because you can't beat the Bronco logo. Though I have looked at both weathertech and this other brand that has seat backs.

So far the only option that seems to care about covering the plastic transition between the cargo and the seat backs is the one that has seat backs as well: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YNGZBNX/?coliid=I2BF3ETV3DDP32&colid=3MFWG52AUZVAS
(I think Mabette makes the same exact thing, might be a more trustworthy brand?)

I'm thinking about ordering the seat backs only from that, then get an OEM cargo mat from one of a couple dealer/oem sites that sell them. This leaves that plastic transition unprotected. It seems like any wood or rough material will easily scratch that up. The overkill solution would be buy the cargo mats that cover it, buy the oem cargo mat, and then either use them both or cut out just the edges of the cargo mat that covers the plastic transition and slide that under the OEM cargo mat.

Am I being overkill to try to protect that piece? And is there a better solution I'm not thinking of? Does anyone sell a protector for just that transition piece? Any strong reccomendations for or against any of the options I've mentioned?

Thanks guys!

I installed the Mabett seat backs, and WeathertTech cargo and laser cut floor mats....Seat Backs work great and offer great protection...sturdy and good price point

BRONCO13.jpg

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with Mabett all around (seat back and cargo floor). I have the OEM floor mats. Whenever they need replacing I will replace with Mabett style.

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with OEM Bronco logo All weather Ford floor mats front and rear plus the larger Bronco logo cargo mat from Ford accessories. Used some Ford Pass points on those combined with Holiday discounts. They fit perfectly. And shipped very fast.

Just ordered the Mabett seat back protectors. Currently there is a discount on Amazon for the Mabettā€™s.

I just wished the Mabett items werenā€™t shipped folded and crammed into the smallest box they can find. It leaves a hard to get out (wrinkle/fold) crease in them. The Ford branded items were shipped flat in large boxes and NOT folded. Hence No creases.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Mabbett seat back stuff is great. The cargo linerā€¦ meh. It walks and will end up smashed against your tailgate and you constantly have to straighten it out. I put some Velcro on the back of mine and it helped. It still walks a little.

At some point Iā€™ll look for a more robust, heavy, and thicker material.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Mabbett seat back stuff is great. The cargo linerā€¦ meh. It walks and will end up smashed against your tailgate and you constantly have to straighten it out. I put some Velcro on the back of mine and it helped. It still walks a little.

Agree with MikeC's assessment...was a little disappointed in the Mabett cargo mat compared to the seat back mats. It's thin in the corners and walks. I find I'm sliding it back into place every time I open my tailgate.

I went with Bronco mats for the floor wells. and am happy with them.

Update 7/6/2023: I noticed yesterday that @Mabett has a new, different design for their car mats sets.

Amazon.com: Mabett Rear Seat Back Cover for Ford Bronco Accessories 2021 2022 2023, Premium Injection Molding Backrest Protector (3 Pieces-with Folding Lip) Mabett Pro Version : Automotive

OG Design:

Amazon.com: Mabett Rear Seat Back Cover Backrest Protector for Ford Bronco Accessories 2021 2022 2023 with Dog Seat Liner fit Bronco 4-Door (4 Pieces-with Folding Lip) : Automotive

Last edited:

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

This is my experience, as well. I think I'm going to use some CA glue to add velcro to the bottom and attempt a fix that way. Other than that, I'm very happy with them.

The only thing I'll mention is that driving down the highway with the doors off makes the rear seat floor mats want to fly out. It's a little disconcerting, so I'm going to attempt the Velcro fix there, as well.

JR

OP
OP
ZacStro

ZacStro

Wildtrak
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting, looks like the new design for the cargo liner doesn't go up the walls like their old one did, and doesn't protect the transition piece, but is just one flat rectangle like the OEM cargo mat is.
Sponsored