Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thoughts on Ceramic Coating for paint protection?
Thanks,
Matt
First thing:
What are your expectations from a Ceramic coating?

I've not used one yet, but have been looking into it quite a bit.
This some of what I THINK I have learned, LOL.

I'll apply it myself, so much cheaper... and I have the equipment and some experience with minor paint correction.

The number one advantage of a Ceramic is how clean it will stay and how much easier it will be to clean when it does need it. (lower and easier maintenance, compared to non-coated)

If you are looking to protect from physical damage/ minor scratches, MAYBE minor rock chips, a paint protective film/PPF will be much better.
Some of them have self-healing characteristics now. The sun on a hot day or heat from a hair dryer or heat gun will do the trick, even a microfiber soaked in hot water.

They are now making ceramic formulas specifically for PPF's to give you the benefits the Ceramic coatings have AND the benefits of the PPF underneath.
These ceramic over PPF coatings will only last about as long as a typical wax/sealant since they are applied to a PPF, several months. They just do a better job helping keep the vehicle clean than normal wax/sealants can.
Sponsored

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s a better wax, nothing more nothing less. spend about $200 and 8 hours of your time and get great results. wash, claybar, paint correct if needed, apply.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I opted for a clear wrap instead of ceramic. My rational is that a wrap is more substantial and absorbs impact more while ceramic is more for clear coat protection. For a tall box I’m expecting a ton of rock chips. Wraps are more expensive by 50% usually but they last double the amount of time.
I did a full PPF wrap as well and I use a ceramic coating/wax on top of it to make it easier to clean. Ceramic coating are just a very durable polymer wax and don’t compare to the protection of PPF. Of course a full wrap is $4K and often couple grand more than that.
Sponsored