Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone here used Adams ceramic coating or chemical guys hydrothread on your soft top? What kind of results did you get? This is my first soft top and don’t have any experience eith them. Or may be another brand/product you recommend? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine got Xpel’s fabric coating. I haven’t had to clean it since. Basically repels everything from dust to bird shit.

I bought CarPro Cquartz Fabric in a spray bottle for another application. I’ll likely apply that after the winter and report back. Can’t see paying someone do do that application again when I can handle that part myself.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine got Xpel’s fabric coating. I haven’t had to clean it since. Basically repels everything from dust to bird shit.

I bought CarPro Cquartz Fabric in a spray bottle for another application. I’ll likely apply that after the winter and report back. Can’t see paying someone do do that application again when I can handle that part myself.
Thanks for the input. Just to clarify, did you apply the original xpel yourself? Do you have a link to the product?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the input. Just to clarify, did you apply the original xpel yourself? Do you have a link to the product?
XPEL is applied by authorized licensed professional detailers only.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
XPEL is applied by authorized licensed professional detailers only.
What did that run you, if you don't mind me asking? For your first application would you suggest applying it yourself after your experience?

Do you think it will cause issues to mix products down the line?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bled656

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the 303 kit, seem fine.

Ford Bronco Ceramic coating soft top 0B35B27F-6793-468B-BFE5-B086B5612BA5
I actually ordered this yesterday but saw a couple of videos of people trying adams and it beads water crazy good

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually ordered this yesterday but saw a couple of videos of people trying adams and it beads water crazy good
I haven't seen that, always open to something better. I did spend some time researching and plenty of others (on other forums) were using this kit. Mainly I wanted something to apply the day I brought home. Beads fine, it gives the water a perfect path to douche you when you open the driver door! :LOL: You're in AZ, so you have different issues (sun vs. rain/mold) to fight than us here in WA.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What did that run you, if you don't mind me asking? For your first application would you suggest applying it yourself after your experience?

Do you think it will cause issues to mix products down the line?
I’m not sure what the breakdown was. I can ask my guy what he would charge for just the top. Full vehicle was $1200.

I’d just do it myself once a year. Same probably for the plastics. As for painted surfaces - leave that to the professional.
Sponsored