John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ceramic just sounds like a gimmick. Maybe not but I can picture the guy at at the county fair lighting his hood on fire. I plan on using my old standby Astro-Shield which is a polish not a wax. Best applied with bare hand to entire vehicle - no need to buff out a panel at a time.
Sponsored

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ceramic just sounds like a gimmick. Maybe not but I can picture the guy at at the county fair lighting his hood on fire. I plan on using my old standby Astro-Shield which is a polish not a wax. Best applied with bare hand to entire vehicle - no need to buff out a panel at a time.
There's definitely a lot of misinformation out there that can make it out like it's far more than it is. It's not a perfect product but then again, the perfect product doesn't exist. Nothing can protect against rocks and scratches and grime without fail. But ceramic coating definitely provides fantastic hydrophobics to ease maintenance massively.

We've been applying coatings, from various manufacturers for years and we have seen it perform, time and again. It's pricier than most services, but it's an investment more than a repeat service. When your car is as water repellent on year 5, as it is on day one, then it speaks for itself.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I through some Aerospace 303 on mine and it looks really good. Not as permanent as ceramic, but certainly supplies a few months worth of protection. Just renew it a few times a year.

Damien21

First Edition
First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A4, 2013 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I used CarPro Perl with an applicator on the MIC after having the paint ceramic coated. I do not recommend doing that. It mostly ran off the top over the next 2-3 days. My truck is outside and driveway is at a slight 5-8 degree incline. I did not lather it in or use too much, although I also did not dilute it. The top and morning dew just pushed it off causing a mess on several windows for a few days. Perl was perfect and worked as I have come to expect on the black plastic wheel arches.

427Comet

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super duty, 65 comet cyclone
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve never had a MIC type top before. I plan on applying Avalon King ceramic on my Bronco when it comes in. Any one have any experience also applying it to the MIC top?
I also have Avalon king, just waiting on my wildtrak. The folks at AK say you can apply to plastic trim, over top of vinyl stickers and glass so I see no reason it can’t be done, I also wonder how the results would be

Sponsored

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
When my Bronco ever comes in it will get ceramic coated top to bottom. Once I get it done I will post before and after pictures and a review of Avalon King.

OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my Bronco last weekend and coated it entirely in Avalon King. Looks amazing. I coated everything except the front windshield and the two side windows. The hood, front fenders, grille, and front drivers door got two coats. I bought three kits.

BA71948D-6328-4CBC-ABD1-B6770A1D7D16.jpeg

8DC9E88C-CBB5-47D6-A2F7-645E028EBA46.jpeg

A15FE867-1BEF-4745-B954-F044176EA965.jpeg

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got my Bronco last weekend and coated it entirely in Avalon King. Looks amazing. I coated everything except the front windshield and the two side windows. The hood, front fenders, grille, and front drivers door got two coats. I bought three kits.

Ford Bronco Ceramic coating the MIC top A15FE867-1BEF-4745-B954-F044176EA965

Curious to know why you coated only the drivers door twice? And why did you buy 3 kits. 1 should ha e been more than enough to do a 2 door Bronco even with layering it.

OP
OP
V8 Voodoo

V8 Voodoo

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious to know why you coated only the drivers door twice? And why did you buy 3 kits. 1 should ha e been more than enough to do a 2 door Bronco even with layering it.
I bought three because I didn't want to run out. No way 1 kit is enough. 2 would have been enough if I didn't do the MIC top. The reason why those sections got two layers is because I just kept going until I ran out again.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought three because I didn't want to run out. No way 1 kit is enough. 2 would have been enough if I didn't do the MIC top. The reason why those sections got two layers is because I just kept going until I ran out again.
I does look great though. Whenever mine decides to show up I’m doing the same thing.
Sponsored