Sponsored

Ceramic Coating on MIC, Mod Bumper, Flares?

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wondering about this application. Is it Paint only? or do we hit the Top, Modular Bumper, Grille, Flares, Side Step too.
Whats the standard?
I'm afraid the texture of the top and bumper/flares might look weird with the ceramic on it?
Any opinions or known results? Picture tell a 1000 word story. Thanks.
Oh Yeah: 2021 two door B.D. with Sas and MIC Hard top. in Anti Matter Blue Metallic. Top looks kinda light gray already.
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used griots spray on ceramic on everything. I tested a bit on the MIC top and it left no trace. i used it on the flares, headlights, everything except glass.

I also left one square on the mic top untreated, for science. And it really made a drastic difference in keeping the treated parts clean.

For the paint i did the griots ceramic wax, spray on 3in1 ceramic wax, then the ceramic quick shine.

For the plastic parts i skipped the rub on wax and only used the sprays. it was worth the effort all around and keeps the car looking clean, and just need a spray off after rain or snow.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I was recently researching this ahead of my Bronco's arrival because I want to protect the plastics from fading in the sun. There's way too many trim products that contain actual dyes. Sure, these might be better for already faded plastics but on a new Bronco I'd like to only protect it and not apply dyes. So the ones below are the ones I think might work the best.

I have always used Aerospace 303 on anything plastic on my other cars but it has a tendency to streak onto paint if it rains shortly after applying it. It's no big deal as it just wipes off easily but since the MIC top is HUGE it would probably streak a lot since there's so much more product applied. It's probably the most amazing UV protectant on the market, though. I'm definitely using this on anything smaller and everything in it's interior. I used it on everything (including weatherstripping) on my 2007 Civic Si and it literally kept everything brand new for the 13 years I had the car.

There's an alternative that apparently doesn't run/streak as much in rain and it's called CarPro Pearl but I have to do more research on it to see if that's true.

Another more durable option would be Gtechniq C4 which is specifically meant for plastic trim. It's one of those ceramics that you apply.

Cerakote is another really durable one from what I researched but its a little more annoying to apply evenly on such a huge surface like the MIC top.

As a side note keep in mind that ceramics aren't magic liquids that form some thick protection. They will not protect from scratches or anything like that. They only make things hydrophobic and some protect from UV.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mother's Back to Black works fabulous on the exterior black plastic.

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had my Wildtrak completely done with System X Max. I had the whole vehicle done, glass, plastic, roof, wheels, etc. What I don't know if it was the same product on the plastic as the paint. I do know that the glass is a different product. I also had the interior done.

In two months, I haven't even used soap yet, just high pressure water, microfiber mitt, microfiber towel, and it looks perfect and takes no time at all.

I did get the family discount from my nephew's detail shop, so if somebody is looking to have their Bronco done in the Austin area, I am sure that I can setup some kind of B6G discount.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used griots spray on ceramic on everything. I tested a bit on the MIC top and it left no trace. i used it on the flares, headlights, everything except glass.

I also left one square on the mic top untreated, for science. And it really made a drastic difference in keeping the treated parts clean.

For the paint i did the griots ceramic wax, spray on 3in1 ceramic wax, then the ceramic quick shine.

For the plastic parts i skipped the rub on wax and only used the sprays. it was worth the effort all around and keeps the car looking clean, and just need a spray off after rain or snow.
I also use Griot’s. I use the 3 in 1 spray on all exterior surfaces from headlights, flares and glass. Including the soft top windows. Product is great. I use it on all hard interior surfaces as well.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wondering about this application. Is it Paint only? or do we hit the Top, Modular Bumper, Grille, Flares, Side Step too.
Whats the standard?
I'm afraid the texture of the top and bumper/flares might look weird with the ceramic on it?
Oh Yeah: 2021 two door B.D. with Sas and MIC Hard top. in Anti Matter Blue Metallic. Top looks kinda light gray already.
I had my 4DR Badlands ceramic coated and they coated everything you can see on the exterior.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I was recently researching this ahead of my Bronco's arrival because I want to protect the plastics from fading in the sun. There's way too many trim products that contain actual dyes. Sure, these might be better for already faded plastics but on a new Bronco I'd like to only protect it and not apply dyes. So the ones below are the ones I think might work the best.

I have always used Aerospace 303 on anything plastic on my other cars but it has a tendency to streak onto paint if it rains shortly after applying it. It's no big deal as it just wipes off easily but since the MIC top is HUGE it would probably streak a lot since there's so much more product applied. It's probably the most amazing UV protectant on the market, though. I'm definitely using this on anything smaller and everything in it's interior. I used it on everything (including weatherstripping) on my 2007 Civic Si and it literally kept everything brand new for the 13 years I had the car.

There's an alternative that apparently doesn't run/streak as much in rain and it's called CarPro Pearl but I have to do more research on it to see if that's true.

Another more durable option would be Gtechniq C4 which is specifically meant for plastic trim. It's one of those ceramics that you apply.

Cerakote is another really durable one from what I researched but its a little more annoying to apply evenly on such a huge surface like the MIC top.

As a side note keep in mind that ceramics aren't magic liquids that form some thick protection. They will not protect from scratches or anything like that. They only make things hydrophobic and some protect from UV.
Love the 303, esp for interiors. Put some on my IAG mudflaps to see how it holds up for now. Likely going to go with cerakote instead of c4 on my sas flares, etc. as it is supposed to be more durable.
Undecided on MIC top, prolly going spray “ceramic” for now. Considering megs hybrid paint coating on paint and/or the top just for the extreme slickness and ease of application over traditional ceramic.
I did gyeon mohs evo on my last bronco, which was black. Not sure I’m ready to go through that again…

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you researched or tried the 303 Graphene spray or 303 Graphene detailer? I am almost positive they have no dyes.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you researched or tried the 303 Graphene spray or 303 Graphene detailer? I am almost positive they have no dyes.
I feel like anything graphene is relatively new and a little gimmicky. I don’t think anything graphene is really better than ceramic variants from YouTube reviews I’ve seen.

I’ll do more research on those though thanks. I’ve kinda ignored the graphene versions. Maybe they do just as good but run less due to rain. But, they will most likely be black in color due to the graphene but that all depends on how much graphene is in it.

The normal 303 doesn’t have any dyes. It just tends to runs sadly it rained on. But man it works soooo good. There’s a reason it’s used on boats and planes.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whats the standard?
I would NOT do it to the hard top. I use 303 Protectant and it leaves a nice shine and looks great. It falls into Ford's specifications for use to. Anything, possibly even ceramic coating may give Ford an excuse to void the top warranty. With some cracking...why give them a reason? Just my opinion.

Bronco_montana

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The “Pearl” product is worth trying out. Very impressive

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Used Griots today. Did the entire car and the MIC. I DID NOT do the top of the car, though. Didn't have it in me.

Can confirm Griots is the shit though. Super easy to apply. Let's see how well it holds up now...

PXL_20230507_235938857.jpg

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Used Griots today. Did the entire car and the MIC. I DID NOT do the top of the car, though. Didn't have it in me.

Can confirm Griots is the shit though. Super easy to apply. Let's see how well it holds up now...

Ford Bronco Ceramic Coating on MIC, Mod Bumper, Flares? PXL_20230507_235938857
Nice. So, did you use the Griots Garage "Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax"?

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Ceramic Coating on MIC, Mod Bumper, Flares? PXL_20230507_235938857
One more question - When you say you did the MIC, what are you referring to? Part of the hard top, or something’s else?
Sponsored