First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Newbie here. My 23 Wildtrak is arriving at the dealership this week and they are adding Ceramic + ceramic coating before I take ownership. My question is, I want to remove the fender emblem stickers and add the Archetype DNA fender badges. Does anyone know if they do the coating over the sticker, will I be able to remove them and will it leave a spot under the sticker that will be noticeable. Or do the dealers remove the stickers before doing the coating? I’m going to reach out to the dealership and ask, but wanted to get some opinions.
Sponsored

Stonksandbroncs

Wildtrak
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2008
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would take the sticker off and then do the coating. It peels off easy. Makes no sense to coat the sticker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just have the dealership remove the badges you want off prior. They should be doing a paint correction before the ceramic coating.

Congrats on you delivery!!!(y)(y)

Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would recommend having a reputable detail shop do the ceramic coating, or DIY. Definitely remove the decals before coating.
This 100%

Just ask the dealership not to wash or detail the car when they receive it (so they don't wax it or create swirl marks from the wash) and then either DIY it or take to an actual detailer.

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd rather wash, dry, clay bar, and apply the ceramic coat myself. You'll pay alot more attention to your own vehicle than a dealer will.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would tell them not to add that on, especially if they are charging you for it.

Just buy a bottle of Griot's 3 in 1 ceramic spray. Put it on yourself.

FYI, ceramic coatings ARE NOT some magical thick coating that you can see that protects from scratches or swirl marks. That's a common misconception. If you want actual protection you need PPF film.

Ceramic sprays/waxes/sealtns just helps keep rain, mud, and dust from sticking easier to your paint. They'll make your paint hydrophobic. But you don't need the "pro" applied ones for that. Those just last longer but if you're ok with spraying on your own every couple of months then you're good to go.

Whodat

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would tell them not to add that on, especially if they are charging you for it.

Just buy a bottle of Griot's 3 in 1 ceramic spray. Put it on yourself.

FYI, ceramic coatings ARE NOT some magical thick coating that you can see that protects from scratches or swirl marks. That's a common misconception. If you want actual protection you need PPF film.

Ceramic sprays/waxes/sealtns just helps keep rain, mud, and dust from sticking easier to your paint. They'll make your paint hydrophobic. But you don't need the "pro" applied ones for that. Those just last longer but if you're ok with spraying on your own every couple of months then you're good to go.
This one? https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garag...0&sprefix=griots+ceramic+spray,aps,273&sr=8-5

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do not have your dealer do the ceramic. They will likely use a spray on very low % ceramic detail spray. Technically it does contain ceramic, but it is not a true ceramic coating. They will charge a huge amount for a crappy job. If you don't want to attempt it yourself, find a reputable detail shop to do it. It is not difficult to learn, but it is very time consuming to do it correctly.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't let the Dealer install anything for you - they will rip you off. Have a reputable detail shop do a proper paint correction (clay bar) and Ceramic coat. You will be happier and it will be a vastly better job.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I had to guess, this dealer is putting "ceramic" on as part of a mandatory dealer package. OP, you should try to get out of this, and if you told them to do it, I'd do anything I could to not pay for it and not have them do it. As others have said, it's probably just a spray on detailer that isn't worth more than a couple bucks, and if they do the required paint correction, they're likely to just screw up your paint and install plenty of scratches beforehand.

Save the $1500 or whatever they're charging and find a reputable detailer to do the work.

JR

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
May be helpful. I haven't done it myself but plan to ...one day. Would like to get the board's feedback on Project Farm comparison.

Sponsored