Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone installed the CJ Pony Parts rear mudflaps at https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-re...paign=allusers&cto_pld=k_G7_1ttAQDPQzGMfhKx2g ?

I just talked to the guy on the phone who knew next to zero wrt whether
  • they work with side steps--web page says no, but the description is copied from front mudflaps. I can't see why something that goes behind the rear wheel would interfere w/ splash guards
  • they require drilling. Description says "easy installation" but drilling is a deal-breaker
TIA for any guidance here.
Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These are for the rears, so they go behind the rear tires onto the rear bumper, so side steps are a non-factor. As for drilling, look at the back of the ends of your bumper and see if you have screws that look similar to the pattern of the holes on those splashguards. My FE has zero holes or mounting locations on the rear bumper end caps, so I would definitely have to drill for those flaps.

OP
OP
RideEmCowboy

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These are for the rears, so they go behind the rear tires onto the rear bumper, so side steps are a non-factor. As for drilling, look at the back of the ends of your bumper and see if you have screws that look similar to the pattern of the holes on those splashguards. My FE has zero holes or mounting locations on the rear bumper end caps, so I would definitely have to drill for those flaps.
Nope, zero holes. I'm going to order from the dealer and let them take care of it. I like the raised BRONCO lettering on CJ's, but it won't show anyway when we're covered in mud. :) (I work on a v muddy ranch)

Not real happy w/ CJ Pony Parts. A week ago, I left my callback number. They never called. I registered as a customer in to pose this question on their website. They never answered it. And the guy today didn't know anything and didn't offer to find out.
Sponsored