Sponsored

Clear Front Panel for 4 Dr Hard Top -- Putco Element Sky View Clear Hard Top Roof Lid?

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone familiar with the Bronco 4 Door Putco Element Sky View Clear Hard Top Roof Lid? It's a 1 piece clear polycarbonate panel for the front panel of the hard top, and looks pretty cool. They're selling on preorder for $1800 (lists at $2000) which is pretty pricey, but here in NM, it would be a year round way to keep the elements out but let the sun shine in! That being said, I've now been bumped from build dates of 9/27 and 10/17 to 10/24, so who knows if it'll ever get built!
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone familiar with the Bronco 4 Door Putco Element Sky View Clear Hard Top Roof Lid? It's a 1 piece clear polycarbonate panel for the front panel of the hard top, and looks pretty cool. They're selling on preorder for $1800 (lists at $2000) which is pretty pricey, but here in NM, it would be a year round way to keep the elements out but let the sun shine in! That being said, I've now been bumped from build dates of 9/27 and 10/17 to 10/24, so who knows if it'll ever get built!
I don't know about that top specifically, but as a fellow New Mexican I feel like the solar gain would just make the inside of the car unbearably hot in the summer. It would definitely be nice in fall and winter, though.

OP
OP
Tacanta14

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know about that top specifically, but as a fellow New Mexican I feel like the solar gain would just make the inside of the car unbearably hot in the summer. It would definitely be nice in fall and winter, though.
You're probably right about that, even though I'm at 7800', but it would work for 6-8 months! How do you like your Little Guy, and do you think the Max is towable with the 2.3L?

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You're probably right about that, even though I'm at 7800', but it would work for 6-8 months! How do you like your Little Guy, and do you think the Max is towable with the 2.3L?
The Little Guy is perfect for my wife and I, and we don't need anything more than the bed and little kitchen. I haven't had a chance to pull the Little Guy with the Bronco yet (just got it last week), but I could pull it with my 150 hp 4Runner. I think even the Max would probably be ok with the 2.3, but consider your elevation. The 4Runner would really run out of steam over 7k feet, especially when it was hot out and on long climbs. The turbo in the 2.3 will definitely help compensate, though.

OP
OP
Tacanta14

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for your opinion on towing!
Sponsored