Sponsored

Coil Over question - Do I still have a SAS?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it makes a difference. No matter how much you replace / replaced, it started its life as a SAS.
Sure, it started life off as Squatch (hate the term SAS) but is it still a Squatch? This is a question that has been debated by philosophers for centuries. (and that's twice in a week that I have been able to make that reference.)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it makes a difference. No matter how much you replace / replaced, it started its life as a SAS.
indeed the philosophical debate of Ship of Theseus enters the bronco forum.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not contact ICON and see if they can help you figure out what's best? Or contact one of the tuners and see if they're able to help you?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are you considering replacing your Fab Tech Dirt Logic coil overs? I had a rubbing issue with their rear coilovers on my 2 door. They ended up replacing them, but took 6 months.
That's speedy service right there :sneaky:

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sure, it started life off as Squatch (hate the term SAS) but is it still a Squatch? This is a question that has been debated by philosophers for centuries. (and that's twice in a week that I have been able to make that reference.)
According to it's VIN it's a Sasquatch and it'll always be, it's in it's DNA 🙃

If you have a barn find that's a specialty trim, say a GTO Judge that's had parts taken off and regular production or aftermarket parts installed, it's still a Judge; you can put the correct parts on it a sell it as a Judge, but put Judge parts on a regular production model and it's a replica.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not contact ICON and see if they can help you figure out what's best? Or contact one of the tuners and see if they're able to help you?

I was going to call today...but they have to answer to be helpful, thats a challenge calling these manufactures.

EDIT: dont try calling ICON unless you have lots of time to be the first caller in queue and they never answer!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you have a barn find that's a specialty trim, say a GTO Judge that's had parts taken off and regular production or aftermarket parts installed, it's still a Judge; you can put the correct parts on it a sell it as a Judge, but put Judge parts on a regular production model and it's a replica.

I get all that, but what does that have to do with aftermarket parts in my situation...even you r your example you answered my question... when it comes to the SAS bronco vs a non SAS Bronco, the coil over, they mount the same way.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even with all the defining characteristics removed? What, if the OP was to replace every part that define a Bronco Sasquatch (coilovers, wheels, flares, gearing, etc, etc) and then took those removed parts and installed them on second Bronco, is that second Bronco now a Sasquatch? And if the VIN is what makes it a Sasquatch, does removing a VIN plate and installing in on any Bronco (legalities aside) automatically make that Bronco a Sasquatch? One must ask, what makes a Sasquatch a Sasquatch, is it the VIN or the parts? Can both Broncos be a Sasquatch? Are they both not a Sasquatch? Are they both a Sasquatch and not a Sasquatch at the same time?

All true. But in it's current metaphysical state, what is it?

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to call today...but they have to answer to be helpful, thats a challenge calling these manufactures.

EDIT: dont try calling ICON unless you have lots of time to be the first caller in queue and they never answer!!
@Dusty at ICON may be around and willing to help.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I should have been more clear, there are NO parts of my Bronco that are part of the Sasquatch package left on my Bronco as far as I can tell...I don't even have a spare tire carrier.

20231111_111138.jpg
How do you like your Mickey Thompsons? Any issues with balancing or wear? How is the road noise compared to the stock SAS tire?

Love the wrap by the way.

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you like your Mickey Thompsons? Any issues with balancing or wear? How is the road noise compared to the stock SAS tire?

Love the wrap by the way.
The Mickeys are great. There is a little road noise at freeway speeds but you have to have the radio off to hear it.

They definitely throw less rocks than the stock SAS tires.

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON may be around and willing to help.
I'm not sure what the question was but I'll offer this. We do not make a different coilover for Sasquatch versus non-Sasquatch. The only reason our product descriptions mention Sasquatch is as a reference point for the resulting lift height. That lift height versus stock will be different depending on whether you started with a Sasquatch or non-Sasquatch Bronco. For what it's worth, once the stock coilovers are have been removed, there is no difference between what started out as a Sasquatch or non-Sasquatch, with regards to the remaining suspension components. UCA's, LCA's, upper and lower rear links, and all pivot points are exactly the same between Sasquatch and non-Sasquatch.

I guess while I'm at it I may as well throw in the caveat that Badlands non-Sasquatch is the exception to the rule when it comes to our product descriptions. These Broncos do have the HOSS 2.0 Bilsteins but they're slightly shorter, with a stock lift height that is in between the "base" HOSS 1.0 suspension and the Sasquatch-specific HOSS 2.0.

Also take note that all of these lift heights are somewhat ballpark. There will of course be variations for the weight of any extra equipment you have installed, as well as the factory configuration such as 2-door versus 4-door, I-4 vs V6, etc. We do not make separate coilovers for every factory variant, so the lighter variants (2-door, 2.3L, etc.) will sit slightly higher than the heavier variants. But there is adjustment in the threaded body of the coilover to dial things in if needed.
Sponsored