Confession: I like the look of the air dam. 🤷‍♂️

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
Am I the only one that likes the look of the air dam? I have blue crush metallic and I really like the extra black color contrast it provides.

Don't judge me. 😂
Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Probably a lot of opinions on the dam. Personally I’ll probably be taking it off. It’s so low it’ll probably get torn off anyway.

I wonder how much of a benefit it actually provides. Watched a video where they calculated 1 mpg improvement in fuel economy. At that point your splitting hairs in my mind.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Same here! Gas at $5.00+ per gallon, I will take the increased efficiency of leaving it on.

Taco sport Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma sport (underground)
I'm still waiting for my Taco sport, but I seen one at the dealership and I didn't think the airdam looked to bad. So for now I'm going to let it on but probably take it off later. Just can't wait to get my Taco been waiting since January 27.

Dataman

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 1st Gen Toyota Tacoma
Am I the only one that likes the look of the air dam? I have blue crush metallic and I really like the extra black color contrast it provides.

Don't judge me. 😂
I have a blue crush metallic TRD Sport coming in about 3 weeks. I kind of like the air dam myself. Will be able to "crush" on this more when it arrives!

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'll be honest as well, I like the look. Kinda like how I prefer having a beard to being clean shaven (I dont have a Superman-like jawline.....). However, like others have mentioned I'll be removing it before I head out of town for fear of it being ripped off. I'd like to get a metal skid beforehand though so I dont have to look at that awful stock thing that's currently 'protecting' my underbelly.

OP
OP
PaulT

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
I'll be honest as well, I like the look. Kinda like how I prefer having a beard to being clean shaven (I dont have a Superman-like jawline.....). However, like others have mentioned I'll be removing it before I head out of town for fear of it being ripped off. I'd like to get a metal skid beforehand though so I dont have to look at that awful stock thing that's currently 'protecting' my underbelly.
It’s like beard! Lol. Exactly.

A&P Mech

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma
I don’t mind the looks of the dam on my Limited. Only removing to see what it looks like without it then removing it again when we get closer towards winter. Don’t need to be plowing snow!

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Limited Taco, ‘17 ORP 4Runner, ‘18 RAV4
I took mine off for daily driving. Will probably put it back on for road trips and vacations, but like the look better without for day to day. Glad to have the option for better mileage or better looks as I desire.

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
My take is I don't want to pull it until I've got a skid solution in place. What's worse - staring at that nasty felt liner or the air dam? I do a decent amount of towing, and it's usually long distances, so I'll just keep it on for now.

Given only the off-road models have the additional crossmember for secure bolting of most skid plates, it kinda leaves my options on either waiting for NYTOP's bolt-on crossmember, or going with the Victory skid. However, I really do like the look of the OEM aluminum skid - it blends more seamlessly into the front bumper and as a result, is more aerodynamic.

They're (NYTOP) taking preorders for the crossmember at the moment but not offering any sort of discount to do so. I'm sure they'll have sufficient inventory to cover preorders and their distribution/dealer partners, so I'll just wait till it's available and see if anything else interesting comes along until it's released. If not, I'll probably pick it up with an OEM TRD skid and pull the chin off the truck.
Sponsored