Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Removed mine on my 2019 Ranger but added aftermarket ones that were designed to clear bigger tires plus I had to add a leveling kit also. Should work on new Bronco since it's same suspension.
How did those work? Sorry, I'm just a bit nervous touching factory designed safety structure. Did you have to have the new ones welded in? I guess the stock ones could be bolt in, i just don't know.
Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not at all. In regards to getting larger tires after market, if chosen to not be done from factory with Squatch ... just another mod that needs to be addressed to put 35,s. I rather it be done at the factory ..
If the Sasquatch ones are even different. That front one can't go much farther ahead and moving the rear one back will change how it keeps the tire out of the passenger compartment.

How did those work? Sorry, I'm just a bit nervous touching factory designed safety structure. Did you have to have the new ones welded in? I guess the stock ones could be bolt in, i just don't know.
Rangers have them bolted in.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the Sasquatch ones are even different. That front one can't go much farther ahead and moving the rear one back will change how it keeps the tire out of the passenger compartment.

Rangers have them bolted in.
I hope they are the same tbh. I wanted the BD with steelies and possibly move to more aggressive 33,s as an aftermarket upgrade ... to Squatch or not to Squatch that is the question lol ...

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope they are the same tbh. I wanted the BD with steelies and possibly move to more aggressive 33,s as an aftermarket upgrade ... to Squatch or not to Squatch that is the question lol ...
That's exactly what i want to do a well, and i don't want to have to do a lift or move these bars. If any of that is needed, I'll have to consider squach even though it's over my budget.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can see the rear one here in this pic I took of an OBX prototype. As people have already said, they help protect you in a small overlap crash. (Which is by far one of the most deadly crashes you can have.)

I’ll keep em

A02FAE1C-0B73-4AB6-A69D-A49DDC8CA768.jpeg

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

JimmyD

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4/2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I unbolted the old one (2bolts per bar) And bolted new one in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not sure what we’re looking at here. Is it inside the wheel well or is it that metal bar between the front bumper and tire?
Im talking about BOTH. The square bars both behind and in front of the wheel

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those are super close, but appear to be in the same location. They must be avoiding them with wheel offset? It would explain why the tires are also so far outside of the body on the sasquach pkg besides just tire width.

Or @Daytona_Bronco , did you see a difference in location?
The crash bar is there to stop the tire from entering the passenger compartment, not to force the wheels to sit farther outside. If they are going to do that they might as well forget them altogether.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The crash bar is there to stop the tire from entering the passenger compartment, not to force the wheels to sit farther outside. If they are going to do that they might as well forget them altogether.
Ok, so more of a reason to sasquach i guess. I would prefer the crash bars to be designed to handle the larger wheels/tires from the factory.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are usually hidden behind the bumper,and we move them for clearance when we lift rangers

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First "Auto Start/Stop" now this? smh

I dont care what Ford says they are for, and why they say I need them, I dont want them.

I cut the front crash bar off my Excursion about 10 years ago and would rather not have to take a saw to my new Bronco.

All I want to know is if these stupid things are going to be on the Sasquatch. And if they are, how can they be taken off.

They look stupid, they limit tire clearance and are just one more thing to drag on and/or get caught on a rock.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.