First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone else have a crooked tailgate door? And is it something I can fix or take back to the dealership. Only had it a month and just noticed it.

IMG_6990.png
Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s the other side look like?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, it can be fixed. The alignment isn't for the faint of heart though - it took me 3 people and 4 hours of just trial and error to finally get mine in. It isn't hard, just a lot of trial and error to get it aligned just right.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rear-door-twisting.85125/#post-2101456

If you don't want to fool with it try a body shop - they can probably do it in 30 minutes.

That said, if you are under warranty, Dealer "should" take care of it for you. I'd put good odds on them also saying that's totally normal and telling you to move along though.

Trialmx

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Each side gaps look similar. Small gaps near the top and wider gaps at the bottom. I would suggest that the gate isn't as much the issue. The rear fenders may be to blame for the gap discrepancies. I have a right side tailgate gap that isn't parallel with the rear right fender panels but the drivers side gate to fender gap looks very good.

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, thanks for the pics. As @Trialmx suggested, I also believe the issue is with your fenders. Tailgate is level at the top with both fenders but gaps are wider at the bottom on both sides with right side being the worst. That indicates the fenders are the culprit. I’ve adjusted my tailgate, not all that difficult once one learns to disconnect the bottom strut first. I’ve never done fenders so I can’t offer advice. I’d go back to dealer first, then to a good body shop if the dealer can’t help you.

Good luck.

Sorle

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tailgates need to be like my Samsung dryer. Drops and swings. I know all answer would be stress/strain, but would be a great option. Obviously, could not hold the spare.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does anyone else have a crooked tailgate door? And is it something I can fix or take back to the dealership. Only had it a month and just noticed it.

Ford Bronco Crooked tailgate door fix? IMG_6991
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Sponsored