Clubs

Cryogenic Frostbite Blog

Purchase Date and Information
VIN# 1FMEE5DH6NLA81740​
Year: 2022​
Make: Ford​
Miles when purchased: 8064​
Purchase Date: 12/23/2022​
Purchased from Ricart Ford (Ohio) on 12-23-2022. The bulk of the purchase was done online or over the phone. This saved a lot of time. The service was great with the following notable points.​
  • They had the Bronco pulled up and ready when I arrived
  • The already have the test drive agreement ready and just needed my signature
  • They already had me approved because I had done the app online
  • They already had information on my trade in and were able to look it over while we were taking the test drive.
  • Multiple staff members greeted us and offered assistance.
  • The trade in value of my 2010 Honda Pilot EXL was fair.
The First Road Trip

After securing the keys to a 2022 Bandlands Advanced Bronco from Ricart Ford, I was ready for my first road trip. This journey wasn't an off road excursion that could test its 4x4 capabilities, but instead provided us with ideal conditions to really see how this vehicle handled highway traffic and all of its comfort & technology features.​
The 2.3L EcoBoost engine had me worried at first—especially after driving around in a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE prior—but those concerns were put quickly eased during our trial run in one of these Broncos before officially getting behind the wheel on our long drive back home! With more power than anticipated under the hood we felt confident taking on any situation thrown our way while out testing it's limits along highways and byways alike...​

Rush Hour and Highway Driving

Ready to tackle highway commuting, I launched myself into rush hour traffic and was pleasantly surprised that the acceleration of my ride packed a punch despite its brief 15-minute audition. Merging and weaving through the lanes came with ease, giving me no cause for concern even in dense conditions. Braking performance got put to an unexpected test shortly thereafter when approaching an accident up ahead; pressing firmly on the brake pedal resulted in smooth deceleration without any sense of sluggishness or additional weight from either side - quite different than what one may experience behind the wheel of a Dodge Durango R/T!​

Extended Highway Driving

Cruise / Adaptive Cruise
Despite having a bad experience with adaptive cruise control in the past, I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked on my latest road trip. The feature had good usability and made adjusting things like sensor distance simple - making me more comfortable to give this technology another chance. While I still prefer not using Adaptive Cruise Control due to others unpredictability when changing lanes, its ease of access makes me willing to make an exception every once in awhile!​
Still though, no matter how great ACC is at holding your speed steady along those endless stretches of asphalt--I'll always take manual over automatic anytime there's other drivers around since their unpredictable lane changes could leave one stuck behind them if they cut-in too close; so while convenient enough worth using every once in awhile, I'll always prefer to take my own wheel.​
My experience with using ACC on the new Bronco has been largely positive and I'm grateful for how easy it was to turn on or off, as well as adjust sensor range. The feature worked without a hitch and proved that adaptive cruise control technology is worth considering--even if you've had a bad experience in the past. Who knows, this may just be the perfect road trip companion after all!​

Lane Assist
As I drove through heavy traffic on my way out of Columbus, Ohio, it was time for me try out some new tech inside my trusty Ford Bronco. Lane Assist got switched on and with each gentle rumble as I drifted off course; this technology provided an extra layer of assurance during these uncertain times behind the wheel! Once clear of congestion and city limits it felt like there were endless possibilities ahead - especially considering I only had thirty miles total behind the Bronco so far!​
After taking stock around all gauges available within reach – something else came into focus which added even greater confidence while navigating treacherous terrain up ahead… Blind Spot Alerts!! This weekly commute to Muskingum University brings forth concerns along one particularly unforgiving construction stretch filled with tight squeezes between semi-trucks & towering concrete construction barriers covered in paint & tire marks from previous collisions – this route always seemed rather concerning until now!​
With Lane Assist & Blind Spot Alerts working in tandem, I could confidently traverse this stretch of road with the knowledge that my vehicle would respond if lane corrections were needed. Simply put, Ford got it just right – again!! This newfound sense of security has me confident about my weekly commute through this stretch of highway.​

Returning Home

On the return trip home the night sky was illuminated by the Signature LED headlights of the Bronco as I drove down US 40, also known locally as "The National Trail". My confidence in choosing this vehicle had been bolstered after the successful road test thus far. With no streetlights to dampen the LED power of the Bronco, visibility was excellent and it felt like driving one of those cars with their high beams on full-blast! As we arrived back home, I couldn't help but anticipate our next expedition - braving the weather forecast of 6 inches of snowfall combined with minus six degree temperatures and wind gusts over forty mph. Thankfully I would be able to take the Bronco out in the next morning in conditions that would have render the Camaro SS 1LE useless for at least a week or more.​

Ford Bronco Cryogenic Frostbite - 2022 Badlands Advanced: Blog and Build 20221223_105933
Sponsored

Last edited:

BOPOH

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear that you had good experience with the worst dealer in c-bus, I can easily write a post 3 times longer than yours about my experience of trying to order Bronco from Ricart for 2 months. :rolleyes:

On a bright side, there are few Bronco owners around that side of c-bus. We plan to meet soon, hope to see you there

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May I ask, what did you pay?

congratulations and enjoy!

Darker beadlock rims looks cool, I gather someone changed it.

OP
OP
Mushin

Mushin

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The original sticker is attached in the post. I believe the factory wheels were part of the original order.

We paid $57,100 and some change.

OP
OP
Mushin

Mushin

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands into Icelands (DAY 2)
The day after taking delivery of my Ford Bronco Badlands edition and was itching to take it out for a spin. Little did I know what I was in for! Overnight a massive winter storm rolled into Central Ohio. As I pulled onto the icy roads outside, I felt like an intrepid explorer setting off into uncharted territory - but with one big difference, this exploration was happening in -2 degree temperatures, with 30 plus mile per hour winds, and blowing and drifting snow.​
But I had the Ford Bronco Badlands edition ready to take it all on! The Ford Bronco Badlands edition includes a powerful 4-wheel drive system that was perfect for navigating through this treacherous terrain. As I drove forward, the Ford Bronco Badlands edition handled the icy conditions like a champ, barely feeling the effects of the weather. The Ford Bronco Badlands edition had me feeling like I was in control and ready to take on whatever nature threw at me!​
The Ford Bronco Badlands edition also boasts impressive ground clearance which enabled it to drive over deep snow drifts and icy patches with ease. The Ford Bronco Badlands edition was able to maintain its traction on the ice-covered roads, even in gusts of 30 mph winds and zero visibility. As I kept driving, I finally reached my destination unscathed. It still surprises me how the Ford Bronco Badlands edition can handle such treacherous conditions.​
When I find myself in a similar situation once again, Ford's Bronco Badlands edition will be there to have my back! Ford's Bronco Badlands edition is the perfect off-roading companion for any adventure. Not only does it come equipped with a powerful 4-wheel drive system, but also ground clearance that can easily navigate deep snow drifts and icy patches, even in the most extreme weather situations. Ford Bronco Badlands edition - the best off-roading partner you can have!​
My appointment for Ceramic Coating, Undercarriage protection can't come soon enough. These will be my first Modifications to "Cryogenic Frostbite."​
Sponsored

Last edited: