First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These arrived today. They are a good match for Cyber Orange.
Ford Bronco "Cyber Orange" shackles IMG-6579

Ford Bronco "Cyber Orange" shackles IMG-6580

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GJVLRGV (yellow)

I had previously tried GearAmerica UBER orange but they were much more orange in person than I had anticipated. Notably, the UBERs are much more well packed and come with various sizes of black washers such that I could steady the shackles. These MZS ones came with two white washers per shackle that are rather thick so I could only fit one and it's not enough to steady them. I will get some washers and/or hopefully find some decent isolators. Maybe electrical tape for tonight.
Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a good match. I picked up some similar shackles a while ago and had to come up with a DIY isolator. I used garden hose O-Ring washers from Home Depot. Had to wrestle with them a little bit but. Not sure if this is the final solution but I haven't thought of a better solution.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-Hose-Washer-and-O-Ring-Combo-Pack-27937/100659295

Ford Bronco "Cyber Orange" shackles 20220511_211656

Ford Bronco "Cyber Orange" shackles 20220511_211656
Nice! Thanks for that idea.

Having to just use what I had this evening, I stuck two of those self-adhesive, rubber feet on there for now but, as far as a good meantime solution, I like your idea better.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The yellow Ambull shackles are an excellent match too. The rubber anti rattle spacers are black and hide well and I was able to get some on both sides.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nice! Thanks for that idea.

Having to just use what I had this evening, I stuck two of those self-adhesive, rubber feet on there for now but, as far as a good meantime solution, I like your idea better.
A couple tips on installing. I put them in boiling water to soften them up a bit to get them on because they are hard to get over the ends. A couple broke when stretching them so you might want to grab an extra set. Once on they seem really durable. They're made of regular rubber so they should last a while and have decent UV resistance. The nitrile ones are more pliable but not as durable and no good against UV. The good thing about these is they are easily and cheaply replaceable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple tips on installing. I put them in boiling water to soften them up a bit to get them on because they are hard to get over the ends. A couple broke when stretching them so you might want to grab an extra set. Once on they seem really durable. They're made of regular rubber so they should last a while and have decent UV resistance. The nitrile ones are more pliable but not as durable and no good against UV. The good thing about these is they are easily and cheaply replaceable.
I might give that a shot tomorrow. The UV is a definite concern as I'm in AZ so I appreciate the additional info.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I might give that a shot tomorrow. The UV is a definite concern as I'm in AZ so I appreciate the additional info.
Spray a little 303 or whatever tire protectant you use whenever you do your tires.

GTUnit

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

duckyjp

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hoping to revive this thread rather than rehash this in a new thread. It appears neither Ambull nor MZS manufacture the yellow version any more. Of course I just bought a cyber orange bronco now lol. Anyone found an alternative that’s a good match?

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hoping to revive this thread rather than rehash this in a new thread. It appears neither Ambull nor MZS manufacture the yellow version any more. Of course I just bought a cyber orange bronco now lol. Anyone found an alternative that’s a good match?
I purchased AutoBots Brand on Amazon, referred by another cyber orange owner. Almost a perfect match but they don't have that color anymore either. An option is to purchase white and have a paint shop use CO paint and have them painted.
Ford Bronco "Cyber Orange" shackles PlatesDone
Ford Bronco "Cyber Orange" shackles CarShow1

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased AutoBots Brand on Amazon, referred by another cyber orange owner. Almost a perfect match but they don't have that color anymore either. An option is to purchase white and have a paint shop use CO paint and have them painted.
Those look great!

Too bad the world is running out of cyber orange. We need to get those kids off planet and back into the cyber mines!

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know how these match? They appear reasonably close but hard to tell. https://www.gearamerica.com/products/gearamerica-uber-shackles-with-anti-theft-lock-2pk-orange
Those look similar to these which I bought and were way too orange in my opinion.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GH749MF/

EDIT: I should add that they seem like good shackles. They came with a good locking mechanism and a full set of washers that kept them quiet. My newer ones were more lacking in that regard. It was just the color that was an issue for us.

Last edited:

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As it’s been mentioned above, the world is running out of cyber orange…
Anyone tried red shackles on a CO Bronco? Any pictures?
Sponsored