John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats on the build week. I got bumped to 1/10 week with build scheduled for Thursday the 13th.
Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife and I ran spaas creek yesterday it was really muddy but still a easy trail we took our time messing around enjoying the scenery. I wanted to ride a few more but these short days and getting down there late we ran out of daylight and she wasn't about to do any night wheeling with me since we were alone on the trail with no winch yet. We did grab some Miguel's pizza before we left, can't go to the gorge without getting some Miguel's. We definitely need to get a group together of broncos this spring to ride some of the DBBB. Oh yea I used Gaia for the first time and it was awesome kept us on course and came in real handy getting back to the natural bridge area.
Ford Bronco Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway 1ED3505E-1EB2-4028-91BB-DFB7F9E93810
Ford Bronco Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway FA41352D-0D34-4DDE-8BD7-A4856C47C390

OP
OP
BroncoRick

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife and I ran spaas creek yesterday it was really muddy but still a easy trail we took our time messing around enjoying the scenery. I wanted to ride a few more but these short days and getting down there late we ran out of daylight and she wasn't about to do any night wheeling with me since we were alone on the trail with no winch yet. We did grab some Miguel's pizza before we left, can't go to the gorge without getting some Miguel's. We definitely need to get a group together of broncos this spring to ride some of the DBBB. Oh yea I used Gaia for the first time and it was awesome kept us on course and came in real handy getting back to the natural bridge area.
Great pics & NICE basesquatch! Awesome looking Bronco out there. Looks quite a bit wetter than when we were there over Labor Day weekend!

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great pics & NICE basesquatch! Awesome looking Bronco out there. Looks quite a bit wetter than when we were there over Labor Day weekend!
It was great everything was flowing. Here’s little bit of drone footage from my freestyle quad. Video gets compressed on here it was 4K.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoRick

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was great everything was flowing. Here’s little bit of drone footage from my freestyle quad. Video gets compressed on here it was 4K.
😲 OMG that is insane piloting! I would have crashed mine into the first branch, lol 😄 Great footage...

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Excellent!!! Glad to see someone else out with a Bronco. My build date is 1/13,,, fingers crossed it sticks, won't know till next Thursday. How did the Goodyear's do?? I'm a little leery of them for sidewall punctures and possibly tread punctures. I have a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MT's sitting in Cincinnati waiting on rims for my wheeling setup.

Once everyone gets their Bronco, we need a group ride to Spaas Creek/Pumpkin Hollow. Something tame, but still fun. And of course, dinner at Miguel's.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Goodyears did great I aired down to 20lbs just to give a smoother ride. They did pick up tons of rocks which suck. I got the Napa maxi trac air compressor and that thing rocks filled back up super quick I was surprised how good it is.

Excellent!!! Glad to see someone else out with a Bronco. My build date is 1/13,,, fingers crossed it sticks, won't know till next Thursday. How did the Goodyear's do?? I'm a little leery of them for sidewall punctures and possibly tread punctures. I have a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MT's sitting in Cincinnati waiting on rims for my wheeling setup.

Once everyone gets their Bronco, we need a group ride to Spaas Creek/Pumpkin Hollow. Something tame, but still fun. And of course, dinner at Miguel's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoRick

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Part 12, Sky Bridge Road & Red River Gorge. This was our final pavement miles on the trip, and besides the scenic drive, it's intersected with a lot of hiking trails, points of interest, rockclimbing routes, and paddling opportunities. I definitely want to explore this area more my next time through here.

Bronco build date got kicked a week, but as I see it, any delays just give me more time to make room in the garage for what's coming. 😁

Sponsored

ShannonAlvey

Base
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Frankie945, BroncoRick, we need to keep this thread active and try and get a easy ride together for new Bronco owners like Spaas Creek Rd. or Pumpkin Hollow Rd. next year.
From YouTube videos these seem like mild trails with some light technical features. I wheeled hard back in the day, not interested in bashing through the woods in my new Bronco like the old days. Young and dumb was the rule back then. Would like to think I'm older and wiser now, but still ready to play in the mud. Miguel's is a given after a day of wheeling.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would definitely be interested in doing a Bronco ride!
Keep a watch on this thread. Still waiting to get my Bronco. Currently living on Ice Mountain.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well,,, I hoped to have added some more pics to this thread, but I'm still living on Ice Mountain with a 5/6 EDD. Have a bunch of accessories to add when it gets here to make it even more capable. At least everything is here,,,, except the Bronco!!

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can always post new toys that will be used on the DBBB!!

This beast came in today!!! I have a FasterFlate hose setup coming also. Should facilitate air down/air up nicely!!! Let's Ride!!!

Ford Bronco Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway 20220224_184538
Ford Bronco Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway DSC_0079
Sponsored