First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Posted this in another thread but didn't want it to get buried.

I found a dealer that said they would submit my specific build as a dealer stock order. So I sent them my build via the link you get from the Ford website, and they told me they submitted it. They said they also have no clue if they will even take / fulfill the order, but they did submit it to Ford this morning. I wonder what my chances are here... this is the only dealer of the 20-30 I've talked to who ever offered to do this.
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah and they have zero obligation to sell it to you at or below msrp. Maybe they will give you first dibs. But if you don't like the price they want for it, they will just call up the next person on the list or sell it to a walk in buyer that has more money in their pockets than you

Damarcus XI

Base
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
As far as I'm aware, a dealer gets a stock order built if they are awarded an allocation for the month and no other order they have is buildable.

So you are quite literally always last priority at that dealer.

Also your build will need to be buildable too, or they'll just send the dealer a soft top Big Bend or something instead to keep the line moving.

I think to answer your question, most dealers would just prefer to get the Soft Top OBX or BB for a quick turnaround and sell it at ADM instead of using it as another customer order loophole.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Assuming your build was a 4-door soft top, then it will be built, eventually.

Technically you are at the end of the line. However, if all of the dealer's customer orders are 2-doors and Badlands/Wildtrack, then it will likely be built before the custom orders simply due to parts availability.

Generally, dealers in the snow belt are getting lot broncos faster than sun belt dealers, since folks down south were far more willing to take a soft top.

OP
OP
TTUHoopsFans

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah and they have zero obligation to sell it to you at or below msrp. Maybe they will give you first dibs. But if you don't like the price they want for it, they will just call up the next person on the list or sell it to a walk in buyer that has more money in their pockets than you
Yep, I basically have no idea if they will get it or not, and if they do, who’s to say they will even contact me.
Sponsored