Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Requiring a reseller to sell at a specific price is illegal. "Encouraging" through disincentives is not. This is extremely common across many industries.
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Requiring a reseller to sell at a specific price is illegal. "Encouraging" through disincentives is not. This is extremely common across many industries.
The big issue with other industries is people undercutting pricing vs everyone else and not additional price increases over MSRP like we've seen in the auto industry.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The big issue with other industries is people undercutting pricing vs everyone else and not additional price increases over MSRP like we've seen in the auto industry.
Over or under, the same techniques are employed.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh noez! Loud words that mean nothing.

I have an unpopular but correct opinion.
Dealerships are absolutely allowed and should charge markups. If they can make money because people are stupid and can’t wait then good for the dealer capitalizing on that. If the consumer does not want to pay the mark up then don’t buy the product. Go somewhere else. And/or call out the mark up to other consumers. Ford is selling the car to the dealership. Not to you. The dealership can charge whatever they like.

Which brings me to next bit of fact. For as long as the requirement for a dealership is protected by stupid laws then the above will not and should not change. However the dealership model being protected by law is stupid and should come to an end so you can buy your car from the car maker if you want to.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL! Well, it's an opinion at any rate!
I'll be totally stealing that in the near future.

A lot of the angst comes from the dealers that were receiving reserved/ custom ordered Broncos and THEN jacking the price at delivery.
Just bottom level sleazy .... BUT... and there's always a "but", a great many of those folks did not have anything in writing that came close to a price agreement that bound the dealer to anything.
In other words, they trusted a car salesman and were shocked when they got burnt.

Way too many "zero down beside the reservation fee" braggards here, doing the mopey dance when they watched their Bronco drive away by the new owner who could pay the $15k mark up.

But yeah, I otherwise agree with your "unpopular opinion".

The same goes for owners cashing in on the Bronco they have in hand ... like all these others who can't get it have some type of moral right to a Bronco at cost.
I have offered to buy the complainers houses at cost because , surely a person has a stronger claim to fair housing than they do fair pricing on a specialty vehicle, right?
Nobody has accepted my offer yet.

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh noez! Loud words that mean nothing.

Dealerships are absolutely allowed and should charge markups. If they can make money because people are stupid and can’t wait then good for the dealer capitalizing on that. If the consumer does not want to pay the mark up then don’t buy the product. Go somewhere else. And/or call out the mark up to other consumers. Ford is selling the car to the dealership. Not to you. The dealership can charge whatever they like.

Which brings me to next bit of fact. For as long as the requirement for a dealership is protected by stupid laws then the above will not and should not change. However the dealership model being protected by law is stupid and should come to an end so you can buy your car from the car maker if you want to.
Granted it's a frustrating situation............... but reversing the situation might put it in a different light ............ as employees, if we could go into our job every month and demand a raise, and the company happily gave it to us and kept us on.................. how many of us would go in once a month and demand that raise? Is that what the dealers are doing - "demanding a raise" and getting it ?
If a person paid sticker (or less) for his Bronco, and a dealer offers to buy it used for more than sticker, how many people are going to say 'no, that's too much. I only paid XXX for it so that's all you need to give me.'
Sponsored