First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently picked up my new 2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond that I reserved back in 10/2020 😆

I was chatting with my dealership (Autonation Ford Bellevue) about getting the full $3,325 price match, and they said because I didn't place an order until 2022 they would have to price match against a 2022 vehicle.

I followed up with Ford on this post sale (my mistake) and they said that this was incorrect, and that I should be getting the full $3,325 back. I've since followed up with the dealership and they said because they offered me X-Plan pricing they aren't able to honor the full price protection amount. But according to them, they didn't know that I was getting the full amount back in the first place, so the explanation doesn't really make sense to me.

I just wanted to reach out to the bronco community to see if they've experienced anything like this from a dealership? And if so what was the resolution?
Sponsored

Zalford

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks & 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am running into the same thing, from a different dealer. I too am interested to hear what the others have to say.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Final selling price is ultimately between you and the dealer.

BUT, in an ideal universe, dealers should sell you the vehicle at MSRP, and then you would receive a private offer from Ford for an additional $3,325.

In your case it sounds like you negotiated X-plan-equivalent pricing. (Your dealer couldn't use actual X-plan pricing because X-plan isn't available on the Bronco.) X-plan is typically 0.4% less than invoice price, plus a $275 program fee... so if that's what you negotiated and that's what you got... then the dealer upheld their part of the deal. There is nothing to stop dealers from using part or all of your private offer to reach the negotiated price.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you didn't order a '21, not sure why you think you should be entitled to '21 pricing. Unless I misread your post...

OP
OP

blakew88

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Final selling price is ultimately between you and the dealer.

BUT, in an ideal universe, dealers should sell you the vehicle at MSRP, and then you would receive a private offer from Ford for an additional $3,325.

In your case it sounds like you negotiated X-plan-equivalent pricing. (Your dealer couldn't use actual X-plan pricing because X-plan isn't available on the Bronco.) X-plan is typically 0.4% less than invoice price, plus a $275 program fee... so if that's what you negotiated and that's what you got... then the dealer upheld their part of the deal. There is nothing to stop dealers from using part or all of your private offer to reach the negotiated price.
I understand that the final sale price is between the customer and the dealer.

I think my concern is when I was negotiating the final sale price, I was going off the assumption that I didn’t qualify for the full price protection amount. As this is what I was told by the dealership’s general manager. But after speaking with the Ford representative, it turns out I that did qualify for the full $3,325 price protection amount.

I then followed up with the dealer letting them know that I did in fact qualify for the full $3,325 price protection amount and they sent back the following:

I talked to my General Manager and he said that because we are honoring X Plan on Broncos when Ford isn't honoring X Plan, I will not be able to get the difference back to you. Now you can ask Ford and see if they will but unfortunately the GM will not be able to

Sponsored
OP
OP

blakew88

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you didn't order a '21, not sure why you think you should be entitled to '21 pricing. Unless I misread your post...
At least according to the Ford representative, because I placed a reservation in 2020, it qualified me for the full price protection amount.

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's basically too late now. You needed to arm yourself with the info before you signed the papers. Not much you can do now.

OP
OP

blakew88

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's basically too late now. You needed to arm yourself with the info before you signed the papers. Not much you can do now.
I definitely could have been better prepared! I did take a look at @RagnarKon 2023 flowchart which is excellent btw!

But when the salesperson said because I didn’t place an order in 2021 I wouldn’t qualify for the full amount (even tho I had a 2020 reservation), I got a bit tripped up.

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a real shame.

Definitely encourage everyone with an order and expecting PP to check well ahead of delivery because that gives you time to fix any issue you find. Once it's on the ground, the dealer is not going to want it sitting there while you straighten things out. Sad we have to do this but CYA as much as possible.

OP
OP

blakew88

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would recommend calling the Bronco Support Team at 1-800-334-4375 before the sale, if you have any doubts about your price protection amount.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I recently picked up my new 2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond that I reserved back in 10/2020 😆

I was chatting with my dealership (Autonation Ford Bellevue) about getting the full $3,325 price match, and they said because I didn't place an order until 2022 they would have to price match against a 2022 vehicle.

I followed up with Ford on this post sale (my mistake) and they said that this was incorrect, and that I should be getting the full $3,325 back. I've since followed up with the dealership and they said because they offered me X-Plan pricing they aren't able to honor the full price protection amount. But according to them, they didn't know that I was getting the full amount back in the first place, so the explanation doesn't really make sense to me.

I just wanted to reach out to the bronco community to see if they've experienced anything like this from a dealership? And if so what was the resolution?
Impressed you got below MSRP pricing from that dealer. When I had talked to them in Dec '21 they were at $1k over MSRP and required $1k deposit on orders.

If my math is right, you ended up about $1500 under MSRP with that x-plan equivalent pricing but with the info on the private offer you might have been able to have been $4825 under MSRP? ($1500 + $3325). Agree it sucks to find that out after the fact.

Also, when you talked to Ford, did they give you a Private Offer certificate number?
Sponsored