Becca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read back 19 pages and couldn’t find a thread about things to best manage the delivery process with your dealer. I’d appreciate any links or advice… Ftr I reserved 8/28/20, ordered in January 21, and reordered in November I believe… I’m built and newly shipped rail to BR by way of NO. Dealer is communicative and assures me of no adm and I’m assured price protection. I’ve already mentioned no front plates (not required in LA anyway) and no automatic car washes. Lol. I was this close to asking they not clean it all honestly.

I’m preapproved with a credit union at 2.44. I’m scrambling to get my ex-husband to retrieve the title to my car I got in the divorce and put in my name. 😔 My registration is also in his name with an old address. I’m going tomorrow to update my license. I don’t know if that’s necessary but I need to do it regardless.

Anyway I’m just trying to prepare for everything and I’m sure there is a lot I don’t know. Thanks for any and all advice about the whole process.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like you are pretty well prepared.

AS long as the dealer assurances of no ADM hold true you are golden.

DO NOT be alarmed if the window sticker displays current higher pricing, it should. Price protection is a separate voucher the dealer gets (or you present) for a discount from current MSRP.

A good dealer will check all the things that need checked prior to delivery.

Enjoy the ride

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get approved at your own bank/CU
Call the Ford Bronco marketing line to get your price protection certificate if you are eligible
Don't buy any VIN etching, tru-coat, theft security systems, nitrogen tires, etc
Don't buy an extended warranty, a dealer on here sells them for $50 above cost
There is an OCD delivery checklist on things to inspect upon pick up.

OP
OP
becksthebaker

becksthebaker

Badlands
First Name
Becca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should I send the checklist ahead to my dealer or just go though it at pickup?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's an OCD checklist and a loose guideline, there is some good stuff in there but some outdated and non-applicable stuff as well. Use it as a quick internal reference for you and for the links. You can try sending it to your dealer but will probably be met with an eye roll as they have their own pre-delivery inspection that they will perform.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should I send the checklist ahead to my dealer or just go though it at pickup?
I printed it off and brought it with me. I didn't check every single thing, but I did look for some of the main things or things I saw lots of reports on from this forum. I think if you send the list ahead of time, they will either a) say they looked it over, but didn't or b) think you don't trust their PDI process. The only thing I think I mentioned ahead of time to them was not mounting the front license plate frame and no dealer decals/license plate frames - I figured that might be too late if I waited until I picked up the vehicle.

At the end of the day, even if something is missed, that's why you have the warranty. Look it over the best you can, but don't lose sleep over it.

DVAnt

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m scrambling to get my ex-husband to retrieve the title to my car I got in the divorce and put in my name. 😔 My registration is also in his name with an old address. I’m going tomorrow to update my license. I don’t know if that’s necessary but I need to do it regardless.

Been there with that issue. Don't scramble to get the title in your name unless they can issue it immediately as that could create other delays and costs. Just get him to sign a Power of Attorney for the car. Most states have one for this specific purpose.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pleased to introduce Molly…
Ford Bronco Delivery Best Practices Wanted C7296E34-9F1C-481A-8340-AFBCB6EA919A

Ford Bronco Delivery Best Practices Wanted 4BD8DD1A-80F2-4D82-B5FB-3476A4483426

Ford Bronco Delivery Best Practices Wanted 70D0EB97-5CF2-4CB1-8229-989F248074F0

Ford Bronco Delivery Best Practices Wanted F9561153-D866-4153-937D-EEAD30E9FD7A

Ford Bronco Delivery Best Practices Wanted 8D84F25D-E584-47C9-8421-C3BA96D0BC6F

Two things: I would have paid a million dollars for these Katzkin seat coolers. Wowzer! Two, please ignore the requisite post dealership bag of Wendys on the passenger seat.

Setting out on my 8hr road trip back to work home. So we’re about to get real acquainted. I’ll let y’all know how it goes. 😃

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is the big one on the ESP.
https://www.floodfordesp.com/

price it out and then give the pricing to your finance guy at the sale. If they can match, go with your dealer. If not, this is the exact same warranty through ford.

That's the only thing I would have done differently at pickup. Your dealer probably preps a lot of nice cars so there's not really much to worry about. I have not heard any horror stories about dealers screwing things up in prep.

Check everything over, but a decent dealer is not going to give you grief if you find issues later.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor