First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi guys. Not new news but my dealer has obviously told me that if I were to order a painted black hard top for my 4door that it would be a model year 22 build. So I’ve opted for a soft top instead. Seeing how I’m so terribly late to the party and I’ve just submitted my order today and can assume it would be a late 21/first quarter 22 delivery. My question is if model year 22 is announced with hardtop availability would I be able to convert my soft top to a my22 with a painted black hard top at that time?

I was initially going to wait for a 22 model so I could have the painted hard top but decided to get a soft top so I would receive it more quickly. I was of the mind that the aftermarket would be going crazy for hard tops because they were aware of the limited availability. So it wouldn’t be too hard to get one in a few months. This is before I knew of this forum and how big of a shit show this process has been for everyone and limited availability for other options also. So do you guys think there would even be that big of a difference in time between me converting my order to a painted hardtop now in the next few days and waiting for a model year 22 vs my soft top that I’ve literally just ordered today?

OBX
2.7L
Sasquatch
Towing
Brush bar

^ as you can see I already have every other limited availability option stacked on there so I’m curious to here your guys opinions. Sorry for the rambly nature of this as I am on mobile and wasn’t sure how to format it.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did you reserve

Patotas

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you just reserved your bronco when you ordered it then you are certainly pushed back into a 22 delivery regardless of what top you chose. I would just choose the top you want because I doubt getting a soft top this late in the game will push you ahead all that much.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi guys. Not new news but my dealer has obviously told me that if I were to order a painted black hard top for my 4door that it would be a model year 22 build. So I’ve opted for a soft top instead. Seeing how I’m so terribly late to the party and I’ve just submitted my order today and can assume it would be a late 21/first quarter 22 delivery. My question is if model year 22 is announced with hardtop availability would I be able to convert my soft top to a my22 with a painted black hard top at that time?

I was initially going to wait for a 22 model so I could have the painted hard top but decided to get a soft top so I would receive it more quickly. I was of the mind that the aftermarket would be going crazy for hard tops because they were aware of the limited availability. So it wouldn’t be too hard to get one in a few months. This is before I knew of this forum and how big of a shit show this process has been for everyone and limited availability for other options also. So do you guys think there would even be that big of a difference in time between me converting my order to a painted hardtop now in the next few days and waiting for a model year 22 vs my soft top that I’ve literally just ordered today?

OBX
2.7L
Sasquatch
Towing
Brush bar

^ as you can see I already have every other limited availability option stacked on there so I’m curious to here your guys opinions. Sorry for the rambly nature of this as I am on mobile and wasn’t sure how to format it.
The painted top that you are referring to is indeed a MY22 option(whether immediately available for MY22 or late MY22 is unclear yet), so ordering that will give you 0 chance of getting the vehicle in 2021. The MIC hardtop (available for MY21) seems to be the biggest constraint right now. If not for that, I would say there is 0 chance you would get your vehicle this year, if you don't have a reservation and just ordered today. However, given how big of a constraint the MIC hardtop is, nobody knows how much ahead a softtop would move you. I believe ordering a softtop today actually MAY have a remote chance of getting it delivered in 2021.

If you want a hardtop, and are just reserving/ordering today, then you might as well order the painted top. It might not be a big difference in delivery time.

Peter

OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer is next to useless. From a very small town and she basically just sends me photos of her email correspondence with the guy from the town over whom she asks all her questions. It’s not ideal to say the least.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Ollamote

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The painted top that you are referring to is indeed a MY22 option(whether immediately available for MY22 or late MY22 is unclear yet), so ordering that will give you 0 chance of getting the vehicle in 2021. The MIC hardtop (available for MY21) seems to be the biggest constraint right now. If not for that, I would say there is 0 chance you would get your vehicle this year, if you don't have a reservation and just ordered today. However, given how big of a constraint the MIC hardtop is, nobody knows how much ahead a softtop would move you. I believe ordering a softtop today actually MAY have a remote chance of getting it delivered in 2021.

If you want a hardtop, and are just reserving/ordering today, then you might as well order the painted top. It might not be a big difference in delivery time.

Peter
Thanks for your reply Peter. I think the base of my question was basically if the time difference would really be that significant between the two at this point and your answers that for me.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Painted top is MY22. Nobody who has been paying any attention to the Webasto train wreck believes it will be early 22 at this point.

If I had to guess, 3rd quarter for a painted top.

A brand new soft top order, is probably Q4 of this year, or Q1 of next year. Depends how quickly Webasto can get their act together. At their allegeded current rate of production, a new soft top will be made before 80% of the outstanding hard top orders.
Sponsored