First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With deliveries ramping up does anyone know the difference between rail vs. truck transport(aside from the obvious)

I'm guessing rail is faster could be faster, but relies on the trucks going to a central location and then moving to the dealer from there

Truck would go direct to your dealer and bypass a distribution point?

I'm in NJ and delivery is being made by truck, trying to get an idea on time and whether one or the other is more beneficial for any reason(though I know it is what it is)
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Convoy is almost always faster (dependent on departure schedules) as it eliminates the wait at the rail yard before it's picked up by a truck and delivered to the dealer.

There are exceptions, of course.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All deliveries run thru a convey yard. The “rail” deliveries go on a rail car to a convoy yard. “Convoy” on the window sticker means it only got on a truck out of MAP.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Rail is slow AF. Especially cross country.

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice, I'm feeling better about the truck timing now

Sponsored

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my experience, Convoy arrives at dealer within a day of leaving the plant on a truck. If it gets on a train 1-4 weeks until it arrives at the dealer.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious if you have an update on your timing? Im in NJ also and mine is showing convoy as delivery method.

PF201

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious if you have an update on your timing? Im in NJ also and mine is showing convoy as delivery method.
Mine too. First time I saw the window sticker was today and its says "convoy". Mine originally said deliver at dealer January 3rd and has been moving back every week. It now stands at Feb 3rd - but its all a guess isn't it !?!?

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine too. First time I saw the window sticker was today and its says "convoy". Mine originally said deliver at dealer January 3rd and has been moving back every week. It now stands at Feb 3rd - but its all a guess isn't it !?!?
Where in North Jersey are you? Im in Bergen County. Today was first day my window sticker was available, but when I try to pull it up on the ford tracker it doesnt accept my reservation as the order number. How did you view yours?

PF201

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where in North Jersey are you? Im in Bergen County. Today was first day my window sticker was available, but when I try to pull it up on the ford tracker it doesnt accept my reservation as the order number. How did you view yours?
I'm in Bergen as well, truck is coming through All American. The Tracker has been buggy for me (and everyone), works one day another day it doesn't. Today I used the tracker, which worked this time, and then clicked on the window sticker link. I was shocked it popped up !

Sponsored

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in Bergen as well, truck is coming through All American. The Tracker has been buggy for me (and everyone), works one day another day it doesn't. Today I used the tracker, which worked this time, and then clicked on the window sticker link. I was shocked it popped up !
Im going to All American also, in Hackensack. I think our Broncos will be traveling together.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been talking to Paramus, they split up their orders?
Ahh, mine is going to Hackensack. Hoping there are no issues with pricing. I have an email from my sales rep saying there will be no additional fees to MSRP aside from the standard delivery and taxes, but that's it.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rail is painfully slow. Sometimes the train stops for days at a time along the way, and then it can take forever once it reaches its final destination before it gets loaded on a truck and brought to the dealership. Mine shipped over three weeks ago by rail (to CA), I expect to have it on Monday. If it went by truck, probably would have been less than a week.

PF201

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ahh, mine is going to Hackensack. Hoping there are no issues with pricing. I have an email from my sales rep saying there will be no additional fees to MSRP aside from the standard delivery and taxes, but that's it.
After seeing all the issues on here I pushed and have a signed sales order. They told me it wasn't necessary, that they weren't charging ADM, but didn't fight it at all when I said I wanted it. I think you'll be OK. By the way, I also instructed them to not install the front license plate bracket (he said they stopped installing them) and to not etch the windows (which they do to all vehicles). Im more worried they will etch the windows at this point !
Sponsored