rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bought 3 of these looking to make a replacement bronco raptor chmsl, thought they looked dim when testing on the bench. Turns out the backup light is only 3.3 watts.

Anyone else get them in recently?
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics C1R disappointing 3.3watt output 20221228_224804
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well it's a back-light... and the C1R is designed for rear brake applications (red back-light, gets brighter when the 2nd control wire is activated).

I think you should have ordered SSC1 with back-lighting...

Also... a back-light is NOT a chase light. Chase lights need to be BRIGHT. Back-lighting is an ambiance thing NOT to throw light out...

I see you're from Staten Island. You should come by our shop here on Long Island and you can see first-hand the various Diode Dynamics lights, which are all on display hooked up to demonstrate

OP
OP

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well it's a back-light... and the C1R is designed for rear brake applications (red back-light, gets brighter when the 2nd control wire is activated).

I think you should have ordered SSC1 with back-lighting...

Also... a back-light is NOT a chase light. Chase lights need to be BRIGHT. Back-lighting is an ambiance thing NOT to throw light out...

I see you're from Staten Island. You should come by our shop here on Long Island and you can see first-hand the various Diode Dynamics lights, which are all on display hooked up to demonstrate
I've been by Adam, 2nd raptor! To visit you

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been by Adam, 2nd raptor! To visit you
Good deal. Why didn't ya grab your C1's from us then :( I woulda told you not to buy those for chase lights since, as i said, the back-lighting isn't bright :)

OP
OP

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Good deal. Why didn't ya grab your C1's from us then :( I woulda told you not to buy those for chase lights since, as i said, the back-lighting isn't bright :)
I might not have seen them on your site when I first ordered them. These came straight from diode dynamics. Mounting 3 onto the backup light kit from diode dynamics and maybe removing my 3rd brake light. I can't see 😂

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BTW, try activating the YELLOW wire instead of the BLUE wire. That'll give you a brighter red light

OP
OP

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
BTW, try activating the YELLOW wire instead of the BLUE wire. That'll give you a brighter red light
Yes that part isn't a issue. The white light is 3.3w. brake light draws twice what running light draws. So it's significantly brighter

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes that part isn't a issue. The white light is 3.3w. brake light draws twice what running light draws. So it's significantly brighter

What exaclty are you trying to do with a C1R??? (or 3x C1R)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So you're trying to re-use the existing circuits I assume.

That might not work properly, im not sure what voltage the rear circuit is putting out.

Im assuming it's the BRONCO backup light that is only 3.3w right and NOT an issue with the C1R

Why don't you just use one of these:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...c1r-7-pin-dual-output-trailer-wiring-harness/

It'll connect to the trailer circuit. Modify it a bit. Or:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ight-wiring-harness-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

This will connect to the existing tail circuit, and let you connect whatever you want. I don't know what wires Diode uses but they used a 4-pin DT and have 4 wires going into it. It's designed for reverse kits BUT im sure you can modify it a bit to work with the additional circuits in the tail light (re-pin the harness)

Sponsored
OP
OP

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So you're trying to re-use the existing circuits I assume.

That might not work properly, im not sure what voltage the rear circuit is putting out.

Im assuming it's the BRONCO backup light that is only 3.3w right and NOT an issue with the C1R

Why don't you just use one of these:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...c1r-7-pin-dual-output-trailer-wiring-harness/

It'll connect to the trailer circuit. Modify it a bit. Or:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ight-wiring-harness-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

This will connect to the existing tail circuit, and let you connect whatever you want. I don't know what wires Diode uses but they used a 4-pin DT and have 4 wires going into it. It's designed for reverse kits BUT im sure you can modify it a bit to work with the additional circuits in the tail light (re-pin the harness)
I have the reverse light harness from diode dynamics . The C1R is only 3.3 watt on a bench power supply. A bit less then I expected. The tech specs were never updated. And I believe they said it was the same output levels as a ssc1 sport

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've not tested one. They came in, they went out the same day. I never got the chance to actually look into them more. We DID a quick video to help another dealer troubleshoot an issue, but i never actually put the on the bench. I'll have more next week to play with

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following. Just got in hitch mount C1R+Brake, but it was a hard choice of that vs the dual SSC2 mounted to the spare.

OP
OP

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Following. Just got in hitch mount C1R+Brake, but it was a hard choice of that vs the dual SSC2 mounted to the spare.
I asked for diode dynamics to test theirs and release specs. 3.3w is really low. If you're looking at 1030 lumens at 12.8 watts for the sports. You're looking at under 300 lumens

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I asked for diode dynamics to test theirs and release specs. 3.3w is really low. If you're looking at 1030 lumens at 12.8 watts for the sports. You're looking at under 300 lumens
The C1 put out 1,449 raw lumen (1,030 measured). I'd imagine the C1R put out the same, but add in the low/high brake red back-light modes.
Sponsored