The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know it's early but I figured I'd start a discount tire thread for people looking to save money when it's time to get new tires put on.

You never now when your going to need to save money even if you usually install the best of the best tires most of the time. Not everyone has $1,200 to $2,000 for tires.

I start it off with these Path finders. Not a bad price and they have good reviews for the most part.

Post your discount tires finds and reviews up throughout the years here.

Screenshot_20201107-070404_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know it's early but I figured I'd start a discount tire thread for people looking to save money when it's time to get new tires put on.

You never now when your going to need to save money even if you usually install the best of the best tires most of the time. Not everyone has $1,200 to $2,000 for tires.

I start it off with these Path finders. Not a bad price and they have good reviews for the most part.

Post your discount tires finds and reviews up throughout the years here.

Ford Bronco Discount replacement tire thread. Screenshot_20201107-070404_Samsung Internet
Nice tires, but you are forgetting you need 5 tires and w/ discount tire direct I believe you have to have them shipped to yourself or call the installer to tell them that you are having tires shipped to them. They don't have a relationship with installers like tire rack so you will end up paying a lot more per tire.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice tires, but you are forgetting you need 5 tires and w/ discount tire direct I believe you have to have them shipped to yourself or call the installer to tell them that you are having tires shipped to them. They don't have a relationship with installers like tire rack so you will end up paying a lot more per tire.
Not technically. The Wrangler spare on the back that came with my Bronco would be the spare. I'm not picky. Also whether you need 5 or 4 your still saving money with less expensive tires. Also I'm not promoting discount tire the website im talking about Discounted tires meaning less expensive. I don't care where they come from. This thread is about saving money on tires for those who need the savings.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought rims from Discount Tire Direct and the then all new, just in the country, Kumho MT51 tires from someone else who got the first batch.

The local DT confirmed that the rims were from DTD and the tires were an all new offering they didn't have yet.
The DT store then gave me the same mounting discount and warranty as if everything came from them.
They've been my go-to ever since.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not technically. The Wrangler spare on the back that came with my Bronco would be the spare. I'm not picky. Also whether you need 5 or 4 your still saving money with less expensive tires. Also I'm not promoting discount tire the website im talking about Discounted tires meaning less expensive. I don't care where they come from. This thread is about saving money on tires for those who need the savings.
I get what you are saying, but you have to figure in other costs. Tires that seem cheap may not actually be cheap cause if you have them shipped to yourself and have another place put on the tires or that installer does not have a deal with the tire provider you are looking at another $20 per tire. So for the tires you put up you probably have to figure $230 per tire. It's all the little costs that we forget about that makes cheap tires just as expensive as other tires.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get what you are saying, but you have to figure in other costs. Tires that seem cheap may not actually be cheap cause if you have them shipped to yourself and have another place put on the tires or that installer does not have a deal with the tire provider you are looking at another $20 per tire. So for the tires you put up you probably have to figure $230 per tire. It's all the little costs that we forget about that makes cheap tires just as expensive as other tires.
I get all that. But with your points the more expensive tires will be more too. The same cheap tire online will most likely be cheap at your local Jack Williams or who ever as well. This thread is only meant to give people a list of ideas of cheaper tires that they can call their tire shop up and see if they are available. That's all.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty fond of the Hankook Dynapro AT2. They're a good tire for the price, and they handle the slushy, icy winters here in Missouri quite well. They're my go to tires here anymore.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will go with Cooper or Master Craft when the time comes...

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every time I've bought from a DT store they've had no issue matching or beating the DTD price.

Sponsored

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been super happy with Geloandars on the FJ and GX. I may try their newest all-terrain, but I like to have the 3PMSF symbol.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should rotate ALL 5 tires so they all wear evenly, the spare actually works when you need it and you get proper +20% use out of each one of them. There is even a specific methodology you should follow:
1. Rear tires move to the front.
2. Front Left Tire moves to the spare
3. Front Right moves to Back Left
4. Spare moves to Back Right

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am getting the base 30s.
I will eventually get a second set of wheels/tires for a different look.
My incremental cost will ONLY be the wheels. The tires will wear out 1/2 as fast, so all I am doing is pulling ahead the cost of the second set of tires.
Sponsored