First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Raider, Can Am
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know the distance behind the front seat with the back seats folded down. Would like to know if there is enough space for an adult to sleep there. This would be on the four door Bronco. I did a search but could find nothing on this issue.
Sponsored

Wheelin72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was wondering this too, and never saw a response. Just recently got my 4dr so I can now answer this.
The seats lay down pretty flat. On my 4dr, the seats fold down nearly flat, but seem to have just a bit of an angle to them where they are not quite perfectly flat, but flat enough that I would still call it "flat". The seats do not leave any gap between them. There is a small gap to the rear of the front seats, depending on front seat position of course. The transition from the folded seats to the rear cargo area though has about a 2" step down to the cargo area, so this interrupts the whole flat load floor idea. My thought it to lay something in the cargo area to make it about 2" taller, which would raise that surface making the whole load floor to be flat without the step transition. Wondering if anyone else came up with something to do this. I might just use a large piece of styrofoam insulation that can be easily removed when not needed.

I measure 69" from the rear of the center console to the tailgate on my 4dr. You get a bit more distance if you move the front seats forward. I think this is enough, even for adults over 6 feet tall if you don't lay flat and stretched out... use the fetal position on your side.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I watched a Youtube video review of a sleep mat where the owner was over 6 ft tall and he had room at his feet. If i have time I will see if I can find the review.

NC_Overland

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I made this platform that goes over the seats folded down all the way to the tailgate closed for a full level platform. The platform itself is right under 70" long and that's with the front seats in driving position, not moved forward. With the seats all the way forward you could create a headrest platform and get around 75-76" behind the seats (obviously not in the middle where the center console is) from the front of the platform to the tailgate. I copied this build idea from another forum member and he stated that he is 6' 2" and fit in his with the seats moved forward with room to spare.
Ford Bronco Distance behind front seat Finding Level of Rear Seat Platform 2
Sponsored