Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hey all…

So I am in the beginning phases of planning my overland trailer build. I know what I want it to have, I know what I want it to do.

Nothing too crazy. It needs to go off road, obviously, but it won’t need to go through areas that are TOO crazy.

I’m looking for suggestions from anyone who has built or plans on building one on a couple of things:

1) What kind of trailer did you use for the base.
2) What size/type of tires did you use?
3) Did you put in a fridge? How did it work out?
4) Did you use a 360 degree hitch?

Any suggestions or helpful tips that could help me avoid any mistakes you made along the way would be appreciated!
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another great site to spend endless time on dreaming about how to make the perfect trailer:
https://www.tnttt.com/

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of people like to use matching tires to the tow vehicle. If your not doing that, I don't see a need to go over 31", you'll still have more clearance than the Bronco.

OP
OP
Jeffp1108

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jeffp1108

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A lot of people like to use matching tires to the tow vehicle. If your not doing that, I don't see a need to go over 31", you'll still have more clearance than the Bronco.
Yeah…I won’t be taking it rock crawling with me or anything crazy. Dirt roads…maybe the occasional obstacle…but flipped axle with 31’s would do well. Thanks for the input!!

Num Num

Wildtrak
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota....
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check chase gentry on YouTube . He has a pretty nice trailer. Not sure what kind it’s is.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While your tow vehicle does not need matching rims and tires, there are some real benefits, besides just looking cool. My Schutt Industries XV-2 trailer has a spare tire carrier as well, so I decided to go with matching rims and tires because if I get in a bind where I have two flat/unrepairable tires on my truck, I have an extra spare on my trailer. The other thing, if I'm even worse off, I can always take the tires off my trailer for my truck in order to get out of a bad situation.

In my thinking why not spend a little extra money in getting everything matching so you have more options when things go south. You're buying rims and tires for it anyway.

IMG_0530-XL.jpg