Sponsored

Do vehicles coming off the line do it in the order of the VIN?

Seralan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After being bumped a few times it got me wondering if I could get anything else out of the VIN. My assumption is that the vehicles produced don't always come of the line in sequential order by VIN. It would be great if someone who knows the process could chime in.

Thanks
Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The rotation number you see on your window sticker is used for master sequencing. Ie the ranger or bronco ahead of you on the line is 1670 for example, you’re 1671, the one behind you is 1672. The rotation number is what they pay attention to at MAP. It’s next to your blend date on the window sticker.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vin has nothing to do with when a vehicle will come off the line. I had my vin last May but didn't get produced until September, my build date was pushed like 7 times.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After being bumped a few times it got me wondering if I could get anything else out of the VIN. My assumption is that the vehicles produced don't always come of the line in sequential order by VIN. It would be great if someone who knows the process could chime in.

Thanks
Vin will only tell you the sequencing of when it received a vin #. It has nothing to do at all with when it is to be built. A higher or lower vin # will just tell you that you got assigned a vin # before or after another vehicle, model info, engine info, etc but nothing about build date.

You will be assigned a build/blend date that tells you when the vehicle will be built that has no relationship to the vin# it was assigned.

Last edited:

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, MAP batches orders to optimize efficiency, like any other assembly line. I know people who work there, as I live in the area. So it’s all about what combo of vehicle + options yields quickest delivery.

I was told by everyone to be prepared to wait when I ordered my 2-dr. BD Sas (mainly because it’s a hard top, and there were issues with it last year). But of course, I’m getting what I want, and in the end, I only waited 6 months.

But MY theory always was: Once they got the hard tops straight, ordering a 2-dr. would be advantageous because so few are ordered, so if you hit the combo of options just right, you’d get it quicker, and that’s what happened. But naturally, who knows what combo of options really works? Nobody.

Also, when I heard last year that many people were editing their orders by opting for the soft top in hopes of quicker delivery, I knew going the other way would help (but I was always only getting the hard top anyhow). Ford wasn’t going to drag its feet getting the hard top right.

Just order what you want, and as they say in blackjack, “Stay and pray.”
Sponsored