Sponsored

Are Broncos on the assembly line also in sequential vin order?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At least for similar builds. My Bronco buddy has a near identical build to mine except for roof rails and engine block heater. We're at the same dealer and scheduled for the same week. Our vin's are about 400 apart. She got the lower vin even tho I reserved 5 months earlier.
I figure about 500 Broncos built per day, there's a good chance they'll be built the same day, or at worst 1 day apart.
Sponsored

Neigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When y'alls window stickers show up that'll give you the info you need to see how far apart they are on the line.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

VINs are not sequential, rotation number (blend numbers) are. As a security feature some VIN last 5 or 6 numbers are skipped.

OP
OP
Fly by Nite

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does the rotation/blend number designate it's position on the assembly line?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fly by Nite

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, found the info, now that I know what terms to search for.

Rotation should tell us our position for the blend, 'Place in Line' is said to be 'scheduled target'.
Hoping when we get our built pics we'll both be in the picture.... that would be so cool.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-emails-delivery-date-estimates-more.24987/
Ok, this post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here is a great thread with links to all the various trackers etc.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

First off the window sticker.

Reference example (labeled)

1631559174311-png.png

1631559185611-png.png

BLEND DATE
1633617466655.png

You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. My blend above shows "2021/10/14" So my Bronco is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

PLACE IN LINE
1633617679030.png

This shows I am the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. FYI, This number is both Bronco and Ranger since they run down the same line.

EDIT 10/19: This number has become bigger recently, due to MAP orders processing in larger batches. This number is not always a daily or weekly total, it had been a daily total for a few months due to production orders sent to MAP for processing in a daily batch. Recently they have been sent in larger 3/4 day batches, so this number is in the few thousands.

ROTATION #
1633617861032.png

Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system should send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your bronco has to go to the Mod shop for roof rack, body graphics, or safari bar, that will delay your build notification. PPF has to go to an off-site body shop and that will delay as well. If your Bronco is selected for random extra Quality checks is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, found the info, now that I know what terms to search for.

Rotation should tell us our position for the blend, 'Place in Line' is said to be 'scheduled target'.
Hoping when we get our built pics we'll both be in the picture.... that would be so cool.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-emails-delivery-date-estimates-more.24987/
I never followed much of that either @Fly by Nite trying to get built. When I saw the window sticker link stay white. I figured I would have to wait to see if we get pushed from our scheduled week. Once all of that settles down then sticker will populate. Think I have seen people say about a week before is schedules.

Thanks for the link. Going to check it out now. I have not had much time to look for stuff, life is busy for me right now. When things go sour I just say ......... "all is good, I have a Bronco VIN" and it all goes away. ;)

🍻

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never followed much of that either @Fly by Nite trying to get built. When I saw the window sticker link stay white. I figured I would have to wait to see if we get pushed from our scheduled week. Once all of that settles down then sticker will populate. Think I have seen people say about a week before is schedules.

Thanks for the link. Going to check it out now. I have not had much time to look for stuff, life is busy for me right now. When things go sour I just say ......... "all is good, I have a Bronco VIN" and it all goes away. ;)

🍻
The post is pinned to the top of the Forum Ordering, Pricing, Production, Tracking, Delivery.
I highly suggest people who want to track your bronco through manufacturing read the pinned posts there.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The post is pinned to the top of the Forum Ordering, Pricing, Production, Tracking, Delivery.
I highly suggest people who want to track your bronco through manufacturing read the pinned posts there.

I've seen that one also. Thanks. 🍻
Sponsored