Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Always verify aftermarket purchases.

So, I received my Wild Track Bronco on Monday. I ordered all my new speakers months ago. Yes, B&O paper speakers were out the next day.

(Ford should offer a prewire speakerless option)

Here is the problem. I purchased the SSV BR-B65

Ford Bronco Don't get your wires crossed! 1693403512948

So you would expect the red to be positive and the black to be negative, right? Nope.

Thanks to the post by Ksjrb03 where I found the wiring diagrams for the B&O speaker wiring. This is an awesome forum!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-sound-system-complete-upgrade-done-✅.41031/

Ford Bronco Don't get your wires crossed! 1693403929038

Here, you can see that the connector wired to red on the SSV will connect to the negative terminal on the Ford connector.

If the speaker polarity is incorrect, your sound will be as if you are backstage at a concert. I experienced this with connectors I purchased years ago on Amazon for my F150.

Picture of Left Rear connectors (same problem on the Right Rear)

Ford Bronco Don't get your wires crossed! 1693404155504

This is my quick fix. I opened up the spear and reversed the connections.

Ford Bronco Don't get your wires crossed! 1693404406416

I went with the Infinity Speakers, and I am so happy with them. No DSP amps for now.

Hope this helps someone attempting a speaker swap.

1693403843934.png
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you're replacing all the speakers, and you've wired the blacks and reds consistently, it won't matter since they'll all have consistent phase relative to each other.

on the other hand, if they're not all wired the same, some of the speakers will be out of phase and it will sound strange.

so, be consistent!

OP
OP

pdilecce

Wildtrak
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if you're replacing all the speakers, and you've wired the blacks and reds consistently, it won't matter since they'll all have consistent phase relative to each other.

on the other hand, if they're not all wired the same, some of the speakers will be out of phase and it will sound strange.

so, be consistent!
[/QUOTE

I'm not a professional car audio installer, but this is what I experienced in the past. I do have a degree is Electronics.

I replaced all the speakers on my F150 in 2016, and all had them all reverse polarity. I researched and purchased a product below to test for incorrect polarity. It came with a listening device and a CD to play test sounds. Found that the adapters purchased on Amazon were all reversed.

To lazy to find a cd player to convert to a jump drive, so I made sure to follow the Ford wiring diagram this tme on the Bronco.

Polarity Matters.

Ford Bronco Don't get your wires crossed! 1693408714391

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, people make mistakes, always verify wiring before going live.
I had a similar issue with some aftermarket run /turn signal lights on one of the Harleys. They had split the grounds between the lights so it was not working as it should.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to clarify: Ford made no mistake here; the aftermarket pods you bought are deceptively colored? (or coloured for some people)

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm just a retired test engineer who works with very large speaker arrays

from https://audiouniversityonline.com/speaker-polarity/
Reversed Polarity with Multiple Speakers
Reversing polarity with multiple speakers can cause more noticeable effects. If both speakers are wired the same, whether in the correct polarity or reversed polarity, there will be virtually no effect. However, what if one speaker is wired in the correct polarity and the other is reversed? This will cause a significant effect.

so, it doesn't matter as long as you're consistent

OP
OP

pdilecce

Wildtrak
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just to clarify: Ford made no mistake here; the aftermarket pods you bought are deceptively colored? (or coloured for some people)

You are correct. Ford did not make a mistake. The aftermarket product did.
Sponsored