Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The previous video (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/sheridan-peak-or-snow-day.87342/) was a scouting trip for this longer route, with a larger group. While we never actually made it to the top of Dovre Peak we certainly got close... twice. And this wasn't the actual route that I had planned, I had hoped to get to Gobbler Knob, but I suspect that will need to wait for better weather. The Bronco crew still had a great time as it's good enough just to get out into the wilderness. Bonus if folks get to bust out some recovery gear.

Ford Bronco Dovre Peak, Oregon More Snow! IMG_4514
Ford Bronco Dovre Peak, Oregon More Snow! IMG_4488
Ford Bronco Dovre Peak, Oregon More Snow! IMG_2839
Ford Bronco Dovre Peak, Oregon More Snow! IMG_4517
Sponsored

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you leave your new chainsaw at home? (2:52) 😄

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh, it was in the back, but don't need it for driving over twigs.
I suppose clearing a paved road of treefall is a county/state/whatever problem anyway.

Sponsored

Niebs22

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB 2 DR 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Notice any difference in trim level or options when it came to snow performance?

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Notice any difference in trim level or options when it came to snow performance?
These were all Badlands and Wildtracks so very similar.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at that rockslide...If you could have pried that center rock out of the way, and maybe with a bit of rock stacking, I bet you could have negotiated that obstacle and made it to the other side! Of course, the video didn't show us what was on the further, downside. Would have been fun to try.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at that rockslide...If you could have pried that center rock out of the way, and maybe with a bit of rock stacking, I bet you could have negotiated that obstacle and made it to the other side! Of course, the video didn't show us what was on the further, downside. Would have been fun to try.
It was a combination of mud and rock and very unstable. The best route was right next to the guardrail and they are very unforgiving. Besides it was more fun to play in the snow.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was a combination of mud and rock and very unstable. The best route was right next to the guardrail and they are very unforgiving. Besides it was more fun to play in the snow.
Looked like a hold-my-beer situation. And any non-Sas trucks in your group would have been out of the convoy.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looked like a hold-my-beer situation. And any non-Sas trucks in your group would have been out of the convoy.
We prefer to hold our beers after the adventures. The only non-Sas was also a Badlands so not much of a disadvantage.

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These were all Badlands and Wildtracks so very similar.
This would be a fun discussion if I'd been able to join y'all, since I have the least-capable rig of our little group.

The snow run with Will before my tire upgrade actually went quite well with the one notable exception where I screwed up (the one you asked about on IG). The snow run after the tire upgrade (with our Rivian friend) got interesting, but by and large my lockerless Big Bend did pretty great.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would be a fun discussion if I'd been able to join y'all, since I have the least-capable rig of our little group.

The snow run with Will before my tire upgrade actually went quite well with the one notable exception where I screwed up (the one you asked about on IG). The snow run after the tire upgrade (with our Rivian friend) got interesting, but by and large my lockerless Big Bend did pretty great.
I think you have the only real snow rated tires. I suspect that if you'd aired down you would have been fine. We'll need to wait for the next snow to find out.
Sponsored