MisterOneTwo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes AMG C43
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently took delivery of a 2022 2DR Badlands Sasquatch Lux 2.7. When I start it up, the dash displays 'Drive Mode Not Available'. The G.O.A.T. mode wheel and buttons do nothing. No feedback, dash message, nothing. Can't put it in 4H, change the drive modes, etc.

Has anyone seen this error? Are there any connections, fuses, anything I might be able to look into myself? I appreciate any off the wall thoughts.

The dealer service department has been horribly unresponsive. Won't return calls to even let me schedule. I called last week and was told they would have a loaner for me to drop off this Wednesday. I showed up, everyone acted like I had never called. I will be taking it in eventually obviously, if they'll get back to me, but hoping I might be able to resolve it myself. The vehicle was lightly damaged in the grille and camera area in transport, but I was able to use the modes the first day but nothing afterwards.

Ford Bronco Drive Mode Not Available Error Message PXL_20220304_042819894
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I recently took delivery of a 2022 2DR Badlands Sasquatch Lux 2.7. When I start it up, the dash displays 'Drive Mode Not Available'. The G.O.A.T. mode wheel and buttons do nothing. No feedback, dash message, nothing. Can't put it in 4H, change the drive modes, etc.

Has anyone seen this error? Are there any connections, fuses, anything I might be able to look into myself? I appreciate any off the wall thoughts.

The dealer service department has been horribly unresponsive. Won't return calls to even let me schedule. I called last week and was told they would have a loaner for me to drop off this Wednesday. I showed up, everyone acted like I had never called. I will be taking it in eventually obviously, if they'll get back to me, but hoping I might be able to resolve it myself. The vehicle was lightly damaged in the grille and camera area in transport, but I was able to use the modes the first day but nothing afterwards.

PXL_20220304_042819894.jpg
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this "Drive mode not available" error message on your Bronco. Thanks!

OP
OP
MisterOneTwo

MisterOneTwo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes AMG C43
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I messaged you just now, thank you!

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
MisterOneTwo

MisterOneTwo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes AMG C43
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever get resolution on this? Mine is doing the same thing.
It turns out the dial was just disconnected from the wiring harness, like right under the dial/console.

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It turns out the dial was just disconnected from the wiring harness, like right under the dial/console.
Huh. I’ll have to double check that connection. Thanks!

Edit: sure enough, i forgot to plug that cable back into the goat dial when I put the console back together.

Last edited:

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh. I’ll have to double check that connection. Thanks!

Edit: sure enough, i forgot to plug that cable back into the goat dial when I put the console back together.
I just did the same thing. Had me cursing the Bronco gods for a few minutes.
Sponsored