BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Side Mirror cracked. Supplier is SMR. Noticed today a crack no sign of contact. I don't use my interior rear view mirror. I mainly use the 2 side mirrors being its a base with out auto dimming, as well as my back soft top window is always dirty Mi. So I'm always looking/using this mirror & passenger, and just noticed it today. just a heads up, curious if anyone else has had this failure. Self cracking mirrors...

warranty 1.jpg

warranty 2.jpg
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope but I have a self-cracking airbag cover on the steering wheel. Didn’t notice anything wrong with it, it got to -17 and boom! Hair line crack from below AIRBAG up around the bronco on the center.

OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope but I have a self-cracking airbag cover on the steering wheel. Didn’t notice anything wrong with it, it got to -17 and boom! Hair line crack from below AIRBAG up around the bronco on the center.
Pic? can you send a pic? Did you warranty it?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Side Mirror cracked. Supplier is SMR. Noticed today a crack no sign of contact. I don't use my interior rear view mirror. I mainly use the 2 side mirrors being its a base with out auto dimming, as well as my back soft top window is always dirty Mi. So I'm always looking/using this mirror & passenger, and just noticed it today. just a heads up, curious if anyone else has had this failure. Self cracking mirrors...

Ford Bronco Driver side mirror cracked no contact. warranty 2

Ford Bronco Driver side mirror cracked no contact. warranty 2
I had a mirror crack like that on my F-150. Ford would not fix it. It ended up being less hassle to replace the glass than fight with the dealer. Of course, being that Bronco mirror glass is probably hard to find you might want to take it in and see what they say.

Mine is not cracked but you can clearly see the outline of the cutout. Right now it is onl ugly but I will be keeping an eye on it for sure.

On my F-350, the airbag split open and they replaced it under warranty. Now 12 years later the second one has split as well.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a mirror crack like that on my F-150. Ford would not fix it. It ended up being less hassle to replace the glass than fight with the dealer. Of course, being that Bronco mirror glass is probably hard to find you might want to take it in and see what they say.

Mine is not cracked but you can clearly see the outline of the cutout. Right now it is onl ugly but I will be keeping an eye on it for sure.

On my F-350, the airbag split open and they replaced it under warranty. Now 12 years later the second one has split as well.
Wonder if your steering wheel looks like mine. I’ll grab a pic of it shortly.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

warranty 1.jpg

warranty 2.jpg
Wait does yours have the little corner mirror?

...I have to go outside and look at mine now.

Yeah mine's one piece :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ill contact the supplier, see about getting a replacement. I've opened a warranty claim...

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder if your steering wheel looks like mine. I’ll grab a pic of it shortly.
Here’s what mine looks like in the Bronco and the truck. Both times on the truck the cover split when it was very cold. I expect that the Bronco cover will also split because it is made from a more rigid plastic, in the truck it is more rubbery.

Ford Bronco Driver side mirror cracked no contact. E53593E7-80F7-4E3E-9219-E3C74FDCABF1

Ford Bronco Driver side mirror cracked no contact. BA57EBFC-CC53-48AE-9C3C-C2857949D69F

Ford Bronco Driver side mirror cracked no contact. 1DE47E41-B41B-4A2A-A855-F81E72E1AB2E

OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here’s what mine looks like in the Bronco and the truck. Both times on the truck the cover split when it was very cold. I expect that the Bronco cover will also split because it is made from a more rigid plastic, in the truck it is more rubbery.

Ford Bronco Driver side mirror cracked no contact. 1DE47E41-B41B-4A2A-A855-F81E72E1AB2E

Holly massive Flow line I.M issue. That defiantly out of spec Per Ford Global standard.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? that's odd? mines just a basesquatch.
Mine doesn't either and it is a Lux Badlands. I wonder if it is because of the blindspot monitoring. It should have both, I'd honestly rather have the convex mirrors if I had to choose.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holly massive Flow line I.M issue. That defiantly out of spec Per Ford Global standard.
That's not a flow line, it's where the airbag cover is designed to split open when it goes off.

OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine doesn't either and it is a Lux Badlands. I wonder if it is because of the blindspot monitoring. It should have both, I'd honestly rather have the convex mirrors if I had to choose.
That's odd! I'm sure someone has the details on here that can break it down...
Sponsored