First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my front driver's side window does not always fully go down? It's not all the time, it leaves it sticking up above the frame about 1/2". Roll it up and down a few times and it finally goes into the frame.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Is there a correction?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my front driver's side window does not always fully go down? It's not all the time, it leaves it sticking up above the frame about 1/2". Roll it up and down a few times and it finally goes into the frame.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Is there a correction?
Mine was recently malfunctioning out of the blue...window wouldn't drop when door opened and auto-down/up stopped working. With the window in the full up position I pushed and held the switch to fully open the window and continued to hold the switch down for 5 seconds, released then pulled and held the switch to fully close the window and held for 5 seconds then released...all is back to normal. Not sure if this is an official procedure but it worked for me.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does it seem to be hanging up on the felt or can it be easily moved back and forth by hand? My first guess is that the glass is binding in the felt runs in the door. Might need to have the lower mount screws loosened, window dropped then tightened back up. If it seems draggy going down could need the felts cleaned or some clear silicone sprayed down each side to help reduce friction.

Thing that needs to be done is door panel taken off and watch the window going up and down to see if there's anything obvious.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was recently malfunctioning out of the blue...window wouldn't drop when door opened and auto-down/up stopped working. With the window in the full up position I pushed and held the switch to fully open the window and continued to hold the switch down for 5 seconds, released then pulled and held the switch to fully close the window and held for 5 seconds then released...all is back to normal. Not sure if this is an official procedure but it worked for me.
That actually is the official procedure to reinitialize the windows.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That actually is the official procedure to reinitialize the windows.
Lol, I just tried it as a shot in the dark...thought I had made a new discovery

Sponsored

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is the official reboot.

OP
OP

snownow

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does not seem to hang up or move easily. Will try the reset today.

Does it seem to be hanging up on the felt or can it be easily moved back and forth by hand? My first guess is that the glass is binding in the felt runs in the door. Might need to have the lower mount screws loosened, window dropped then tightened back up. If it seems draggy going down could need the felts cleaned or some clear silicone sprayed down each side to help reduce friction.

Thing that needs to be done is door panel taken off and watch the window going up and down to see if there's anything obvious.
Sponsored