Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone consistently drive with their rear window open (MIC). Wondering if it stays open at most/all speeds or if the air flow at a specific speed level makes it close and hit the spare. I wish there was a locking feature. I drove at lower speeds with it open a couple times and it gives a real nice air flow in the cab and would be good for when dogs are in the back.
Sponsored

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see Jeeps driving around like that from time to time, around town so under 45mph though.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have driven my 2 door with it open around town just once. Seems to stay open just fine and makes for a nice flow through breeze in the cabin. Much better and eliminates the turbulence with just the 2 front windows open. Although for me, my Bronco barely clears my garage door (by like just 1/2 inch) and with the back window open it angles up over the roof. So if I leave the back window open and inadvertently pull in, it's going to create some serious damage when it collides with the garage door. So it's not worth the risk and I'll keep the back window closed. My Sas is pretty high up- I expected it to clear by a lot more than it does but I am so glad it at least does clear the garage door.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think those struts are only glued on.

I do it for limited duration when I have lumber sticking out the back.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Planning on hauling a pre-hung door and was wondering if driving with it sticking out the back with the glass up would be acceptable or break my brand new Bronco…

Sponsored

Elliott35

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Careful with the exhaust fumes. Blows right back in the cabin for the 2dr at least.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I worry the vibrations will unseat the fasteners in the mic top.

I saw a thread awhile back of a user who dropped his top a couple inches on the rear window. Tore the fastener right out of the roof. When I saw how it was attached I decided I would never drive around with it open for shits and giggles.

And that’s coming from a guy that leads traffic on the highway with holes in my doors and only the front 2 roof panels on wearing my snowmobile suit at 6am on the way to work.

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another win for the Jeepers LOL!

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The struts of the window are screwed-into the MIC, one Torx each. While i believe it’s solid enough in general, I have seen slight give of the Torx by simply opening the window fully to load the cargo area…. So I don’t think those Torx could handle consistent force and vibration from the wind and driving over time. Even closed all the time, I think those Torx will become compromised eventually. I’m not a physicist nor a mechanical engineer, but I’m pretty good at judging this sort of thing, so I’m not doing it.

Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't realize the fasteners were so brittle. I hauled a few trees with the window open the other day thinking that the fasteners were solid.

I also regularly hoist the top up with ratchet straps in a criss cross pattern that puts stress on those fasteners.

Guess I got lucky.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've driven around a couple times with the rear window open when diagnosing squeaks and rattles coming from the back. Not a big deal, but I wouldn't do it on the highway too often.

That being said, I have fasteners falling out from the molding up in the top corner that covers the wiper wiring and hose. After seeing how things are fastened to the MIC, I don't recommend driving around with that window open.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did it all the time with my Jeep. Done it a few times so far with the Bronco and no issue.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've driven around a couple times with the rear window open when diagnosing squeaks and rattles coming from the back. Not a big deal, but I wouldn't do it on the highway too often.

That being said, I have fasteners falling out from the molding up in the top corner that covers the wiper wiring and hose. After seeing how things are fastened to the MIC, I don't recommend driving around with that window open.
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end!