Sponsored

DV8 fog light pods and # of wire harnesses needed for install on a Bronco OBX with LUX package

spreeon88

Outer Banks
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello there!

I know there's been a lot of posts about lights installs but wanted I need more specifics as to how many wire harnesses I will need to install a total of four DV8 fog light pods? I"m getting their OE plus front bumper and they can house two sets of two light pods. I have LUX package that has two total fog lights installed on the plastic stock bumper. If i swap over to this DV8 OE plus front bumper and then get a total of four fog lights how many of the light wires harnesses would I need?
https://dv8offroad.com/products/lighting-wiring-harnesses

Would I need two harnesses? one for each side? or would I need a total of four harnesses? or NONE since I have two fog lights already? excuse me, i'm new to all this fog lights install. thanks in advance Bronco friends!

Leon
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You'll need 1 set of pigtails and 1 harness.

1 pigtail pair to connect to the existing OEM fog circuit (for 1 pair of lights)
1 harness to connect the 2nd pair of lights to your upfitter.

If you go with Diode Dynamics lights or Baja Designs lights from us we offer harnesses and pigtails to do what you need. Just shoot me a message. Our pigtails also work with Rigid D-Series lights or Morimoto 4Bangers. If you go with another brand I'm not sure what harness/pigtail from us you'd need as I would need more infor on the lights and we don't know if our harnesses/pigtails work with other lights on the market.

But most of our customers who went with a DV8 Bumper ended up getting Diode Dynamics lights from us and our pigtails + harnesses.

So again, 1 pair of pigtails for the OEM connection and 1 harness that handles the 2nd pair of lights.

OP
OP
spreeon88

spreeon88

Outer Banks
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you. Could you please post the link to the pigtail and link to the harness. I want to make sure Im buying correct parts. So many options! Again, i have obx with lux package and theres a stock oem fog lamp set in place currently. Im assuming I can still utilize the oem fog light switch using the pigtail and harness you mentioned? Thanks much! Leon

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you. Could you please post the link to the pigtail and link to the harness. I want to make sure Im buying correct parts. So many options! Again, i have obx with lux package and theres a stock oem fog lamp set in place currently. Im assuming I can still utilize the oem fog light switch using the pigtail and harness you mentioned? Thanks much! Leon
It all depends on what lights you get. I messaged you the different options as far as Sport, Pro, Max lights go (price goes up the brighter you want them).
Sponsored