First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150(sold), S197 GT C/S (sold) 22 2DR BB EG SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know that some love the vintage Bronco Script fender badges, and some don't. For those that do, what would be a fair price in today's market for a pair of chrome scripts from a 66 - 76 Bronco? Over the weekend, a family member opened a drawer in his garage that had at least 3 sets. I offered to buy a set, once he comes up with a number. Anyone have experience finding these original gems and an idea of their current value? Thanks in advance for your help.

BTW, the ironic part of the story. One of those sets likely is from the 71 my father once owned, which he traded to this family member years ago. So I have a 33% chance that the set I buy is from the 71 I drove in High School. What are the odds.....
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Reproduction emblems are pretty cheap

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/br...rim/c6tz-16098-a-fender-emblem-chrome--bronco

The originals are pin on so you have to drill holes in your new Bronco. Now I paid almost a hundred at badgeslide for metal tape on ones and over two for the AR ones so yeah.

It would be cool to have actual original badges but I wouldn't pay more than what repros cost unless you just got to have it.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
-$37

OP
OP
Rick66

Rick66

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150(sold), S197 GT C/S (sold) 22 2DR BB EG SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you, Sir. I knew not of this company. They look great, so if the price is high, I have a "plan B". That boring a$$ BB sticker on a 50k Bronco needs replacement, IMHO.

I can clip the pins and use the 3M tape options.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reproduction emblems are pretty cheap

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/br...rim/c6tz-16098-a-fender-emblem-chrome--bronco

The originals are pin on so you have to drill holes in your new Bronco. Now I paid almost a hundred at badgeslide for metal tape on ones and over two for the AR ones so yeah.

It would be cool to have actual original badges but I wouldn't pay more than what repros cost unless you just got to have it.
Why would you drill holes when you can just cut the pins off the badge?

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Why would you drill holes when you can just cut the pins off the badge?
The originals are pinned, if you cut them off then you still have to figure out a way to mount them. So some here have filled them in with epoxy and/or cut out 3m tape to mount but I have seen someone drill and mount a pinned set like the original.

I bought non pinned, non original already with tape applied and ready to mount but I don't have any sentimental attachment to an original set like the OP does so he can mount how he chooses.
Sponsored